SaabCentral Forums banner

5501 - 5520 of 5524 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Anz - have you driven the car? If you spin one or both front wheels independently with the ignition in the on position it will usually set the ABS and Stability warnings but they should go out after the ignition has been cycled and the car has been driven. If the warnings stay on check to be sure the ABS sensor wires haven't been damaged.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tech2 clone; Win XP sp3 desktop with serial port. I have installed the crack version of TIS200 very carefully.
I hook up the Tech2 to my 2005 Saab 9-3 and get it to store the VIN number, which it correctly retains.
I then disconnect the car and hook up the Tech2 to the computer.
It makes a connection because I can see the Tech2 screen on my monitor (TIS2000 - Tech2 View).
However, when I try Security Access, it fails. I get the error message:
"E3147: Security Access not possible. No answer from device. Check the connection to device and try again."
Of course this hint does not improve things.
I would love to hear any worthwhile suggestions - ESPECIALLY from anyone who has experienced this issue and solved the problem. (Please re-read the above first so you follow what my situation is.)

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
is your serial port working when you go into device manager?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes; no yellow marks anywhere.
( BTW, Device manager only shows COM1 whereas TIS2000>Configuration>IO Management>Tech2>Properties shows COM1 or COM3. Only COM3 tests correctly and allows me to View Tech2 on PC>TIS2000 )
Glad you responded, Diggs, as you seem to be the most knowledgeable.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Thanks for the replies. So it's safe to say that the metal mesh has no side effects on the airflow? Or should I look for a filter with bigger holes, gaps in the mesh?
I had a quick look at the air filter the local Orio dealer sold me. It has no mesh. There were some codes that might point to the manufacturer. However the ISM apparently failing sent me off in a different direction.

The OEM filter, by the way, says "Made in France".

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
What is view tech2 on pc? dont do that. get tech2 to require security acess. unhook from car obd2. hook it right back up (for power). leave it on Saab screen. grab laptop and hook serial up to laptop. open tis2000. click get security access. click few a few windows. and that should be it

perhaps set both to com1 anyways

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
????

. Make sure your chipset drivers are installed to ensure Windows is managing your chipset properly as otherwise, you could have serial port and USB issues. If you have a bunch of unknown devices called "PCI Device," you're probably missing some chipset drivers. As with the video drivers, Intel, AMD/ATI, and Nvidia are the common chipset manufacturers for the aughts. You need to know what chipset you have. I probably can't help with that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks, Diggs.
View Tech2 is the top left icon on the home screen of TIS2000. It mirrors the Tech2 screen on the PC and allows one to navigate on the monitor rather than the Tech2 keypad. The fact that I can do this surely confirms I have a connection PC to Tech2. But why then when I go to Security Access does that tell me the is no connection?
Anyway, I will try hooking it up to the car and PC as you suggest. Though I am a bit mystified as to how this will "get tech2 to require security access". Never mind. I will do it.
Also think you may have a point about missing drivers, so I will look into that.
I have now tried for Security Access on FOUR computers - all with the same result as I described. But as the Tech2 has previously stored the correct car VIN, it was not hooked up to the car simultaneously, so that' my next shot.
The funny thing is that this problem is worse than the niggling issues I want to fix on the Saab!

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
do something on the tech2 that requires access. go into common adjustments and try to change something like changing locking to honk or something like that. it will popup a screen telling you you need security access to continue. then do steps above.
i know how the mirror works just dont see why its needed. remember the KISS principle. you’re trying to get it to work first. eliminate variables....like the mirror function that isnt needed to be used.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Diggs:
I don't 'use' the Tech2 View except that it is surely an indication of the Tech2 and PC being in communication.
Despite following your suggestions, I always got an error of some sort. And never got a message to say that Security Access had been enabled.
However...
I hooked up the Tech2 to the car again, intending to start over by choosing a setting that required Security Access.
I went to the fuel cap locking and it DIDN’T ask for SA this time, whereas previously it did.
So it seems to have got Security Access in one of my many attempts on different computers !
I tried several other settings and it allowed them. (One exception - there may be others - was the drive off locking, so it is not all roses.)
I was even able to achieve what really I wanted: add the SPA (Saab Parking Assistance) to the system !
Mind you, I have not summoned up the necessary guts to actually try it out by reversing yet!
Many thanks for being around when needed!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Diggs:
I don't 'use' the Tech2 View except that it is surely an indication of the Tech2 and PC being in communication.
Despite following your suggestions, I always got an error of some sort. And never got a message to say that Security Access had been enabled.
However...
I hooked up the Tech2 to the car again, intending to start over by choosing a setting that required Security Access.
I went to the fuel cap locking and it DIDN’T ask for SA this time, whereas previously it did.
So it seems to have got Security Access in one of my many attempts on different computers !
I tried several other settings and it allowed them. (One exception - there may be others - was the drive off locking, so it is not all roses.)
I was even able to achieve what really I wanted: add the SPA (Saab Parking Assistance) to the system !
Mind you, I have not summoned up the necessary guts to actually try it out by reversing yet!
Many thanks for being around when needed!
Make sure that in Windows/Control Panel/Device Manager (then something about Serial Port) that you set the communication rate to match the default that the T2 expects, which is something like 115XXX baud. Something like that. It’s a drop down menu. This will ensure a stable rate of communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
if the car has a bad lock actuator then drive off locking wont enable. are there any codes for locks when you scan?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks guys, I did try various baud rates but finally left it on 115200.
I didn't notice if there were any codes for locks, I confess. I will check next time I am using the Tech2. (It's all packed away now as I need a rest from it. Why else have I broken out in hives?! )
When I did go to Door locks, it asked for Security Access again (even though other functions needing SA seemed to work). It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma (to quote Churchill) but perhaps there is a key (which I will unearth later).

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
The battery I bought has provisions of the vent hose, but the vents are plugged. The plugs can come out, and a hose fitting inserted, but I don't have one. (Same battery is in the 9-5; that car's old battery had the hose and fitting, so I simply transferred them.)

Obviously junkyards don't have batteries in the cars, so any hoses are gone. I'll check the various shops.

By the way, is it usual for some of the wiring through the battery box to be rather worn? The positive cable that runs around the battery to the front of the car isn't in the greatest shape. No big fear of shorting out, as it's surrounded by plastic, but I need to think about replacement.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just get some hose from an auto parts store. If the battery cable has exposed wire, and you see corrosion on it, replace the cable. The corrosion creeps under the wire casing and can greatly reduce efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
How long would it take to swap the turbo in a 2.8L?
Most technical service I've done on the V6 is the plugs and coils.
Thx!

5501 - 5520 of 5524 Posts