·
Super Moderator
19,274 Posts
Buy a tech2 already.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Ed:
Remove UEC maxi fuse 37 and put in next empty place (T).
Input fob to ISM and turn it ON. Now you should have SID text: "Transport fuse removed"
Remove key and lock car.
When you want to start use car, insert maxi fuse 37 on its place.
Insert fob to ISM and turn it ON. Now you should have SID text checking -> Check OK.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Buy a tech2 already.
Is that for me? I have a Tech II in my posession. So does the shop. We've swapped the door lock mechanism and the switch packs on both doors, programmed the switch packs, etc. I've given up on that error for the winter. It's not constant, so there's something funky going on.

If there's a way to check for voltage drains with the Tech II, I'm all ears.

Ed:
Remove UEC maxi fuse 37 and put in next empty place (T).
Input fob to ISM and turn it ON. Now you should have SID text: "Transport fuse removed"
Remove key and lock car.
When you want to start use car, insert maxi fuse 37 on its place.
Insert fob to ISM and turn it ON. Now you should have SID text checking -> Check OK.
I will try that!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone know how to open up/remove the "Load-through Hatch" from the back seat of a 2007 9-3 SS? I imagine I could figure it out, but I've broken little tab clips on other parts going into it without research before hand

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
What is the approximate electrical draw for a 2004 9-3 just sitting there all turned off, but with theft security activated and car locked? 15mA? 150mA? Ballpark figure is okay.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
My idea is to put an appropriate resistor load on the battery that I pulled from the car and see if the battery goes flat in a week or two. Looks like a 620 ohm resistor would dissipate a quarter of a watt while allowing 20mA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am totally embarrassed to ask this question... but here goes. I have a place we love to tent camp (free) on the beach in Fla. Unfortunately, laws have changed since we last camped there and there is now no overnight parking in the paved lot adjacent to the beach boardwalk. So unless you can drive on the beach, no camping. So here’s the dumb question- I know this is not an off-road vehicle... but... Has anyone ever driven their Saab 9-3 sedan on the beach??

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
I doubt that a Saab would be different from any other heavy-ish sedan. Do other people drive on the beach? If no one does, I am not sure I'd want to be the first one to try. Getting stuck in sand is no fun.

Can you set up your tent, and then drive the car to someplace you can park overnight? Maybe use a bicycle to ride back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response! Lots of people drive on the beach. :) Although I’ve only seen trucks and 4wheel-drive-looking vehicles. I’ve thought about the bicycle idea, but just wondering if anyone had positive sand experience with their 9-3. :)

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
You want to see what kind of tires they're running. If they're fat-looking tires with big tread, then that does not help you. The problem is that with regular passenger car tires like on your Saab), you can sing in, instead of floating on the sand. And without big tread, you can't keep moving.

You could ask the people who are driving on the beach what they'd think about your car venturing there. (If they say "Sure, go ahead!" and chuckle in an evil way, maybe they aren't to be trusted.)

Certainly all sorts of cars drove on some beaches in Ontario years and years ago, so some locations on some beaches are just fine to drive on (well, except for the sand that gets everywhere). But you need to be cautious, because I am sure there are places you shouldn't drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.
1. Who made the factory OE Saab 9-3 NG air filter? I've searched couple threads and can't find a precise answer. Most answers tend to point to Mann, but was it really Mann?
2. Looking at Mann filter, what is the metal mesh plate used for? Doesn't it block the flow of air in some ways? Will it effect performance of my car as opposed to a filter without this metal insert?
stock-article-image.jpg

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure who makes it, but the metal mesh is to keep the filter media from being deformed as it gets sucked through by the engine. When installing it, make sure the mesh is between the first media and the engine. The filter media itself has more resistance, which still is insignificant. The OEM filter has plenty of flow.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Hi everyone.
1. Who made the factory OE Saab 9-3 NG air filter? I've searched couple threads and can't find a precise answer. Most answers tend to point to Mann, but was it really Mann?
2. Looking at Mann filter, what is the metal mesh plate used for? Doesn't it block the flow of air in some ways? Will it effect performance of my car as opposed to a filter without this metal insert?
View attachment 271634
It wouldn't surprise me if there were several OEM suppliers of the filter over the years (contracts get renewed and renegotiated). Xengst, Mahle, Mann could all possibly be suppliers. I have a recently purchased OEM filter and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. It won't necessarily have the manufacturer indicated. And the OE filter may not be exactly the same as the filter sold under the manufacturer's own name anyway.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Was there ever a source of amber lens fender indicator lamps for the NG9-3? The lamps are different from the NG900/OG9-3/9-5, so those won't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure who makes it, but the metal mesh is to keep the filter media from being deformed as it gets sucked through by the engine. When installing it, make sure the mesh is between the first media and the engine. The filter media itself has more resistance, which still is insignificant. The OEM filter has plenty of flow.
It wouldn't surprise me if there were several OEM suppliers of the filter over the years (contracts get renewed and renegotiated). Xengst, Mahle, Mann could all possibly be suppliers. I have a recently purchased OEM filter and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. It won't necessarily have the manufacturer indicated. And the OE filter may not be exactly the same as the filter sold under the manufacturer's own name anyway.
Thanks for the replies. So it's safe to say that the metal mesh has no side effects on the airflow? Or should I look for a filter with bigger holes, gaps in the mesh?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody. I have changed tie rod in and out on my 9-3 2006 Aero after that I got a stability control failure. I did wheel alignment but the light on the dashboard still there. What it could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5481 - 5500 of 5524 Posts