SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So I noticed about a week ago that something was dripping on my foot while I was driving. So when I got out I smelt it and figured it was coolant. I checked my coolant level and sure enough, I needed more.
Well the leak ceased and I didnt have a problem with it again until yesterday when I topped her off with coolant. Only this time it was no longer dripping from the driver side but when I got back in the car the whole passengers side floor was totally soaked, and yupp, you guessed it, it was coolant. :evil: I tried to find a leak but I could not.
So hopefully(well not really lol) someone else has run into this issue and knows where to locate the leak and how to fix it!
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks guys!

900 N/A

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Its your heater control valve thats leaking. :evil: Do a search for write-ups on how to replace it and choose which procedure works best for you.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Its your heater control valve thats leaking. :evil: Do a search for write-ups on how to replace it and choose which procedure works best for you.

Guess it could also be the heater core, since fluid is making its way to the passenger side as well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man! Im glad I called you guys! haha
Okay i will start checking those and see if I can find the root and fix it!
Thank you guys so much! I would be lost without you ;ol;

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
you can stop it 100% by disconnecting the two hoses from bulkhead take one off completely and join the other up to where the removed one was connected so no water is going into car, as it's not like you need the heat at the mo anyway

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can stop it 100% by disconnecting the two hoses from bulkhead take one off completely and join the other up to where the removed one was connected so no water is going into car, as it's not like you need the heat at the mo anyway

Yeah It looks like that what Im going to have to be doing right at this point, just got a few questions about this:
1. When I disconnect the two hoses, which port do i connect which hose to
2. What do i do with the other hose that I have left unconnected?

Thanks;ol;

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah It looks like that what Im going to have to be doing right at this point, just got a few questions about this:
1. When I disconnect the two hoses, which port do i connect which hose to
2. What do i do with the other hose that I have left unconnected?

Thanks;ol;
You can either find some plumbing and join the two hoses together or (as 16saabs recommends) remove one hose completely from the car and connect the remaining hose to where the first hose was removed from.

When mine leaked I joined the two hoses together using some hardware store pipe fittings, then swapped in new hardware (in my case the valve) when time permitted.

There are some threads on this forum and elsewhere for replacing the valve and the core. Here's one for the valve:

http://townsendimports.com/Web/climate_control_folder/heatervalverep.htm

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
put the 'spare hose in the garage somewhere safe(or under the spare wheel) till you need it when leak problem sorted.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yep ;ol; I drove mine that way for months when the outlet piece of my bypass valve broke off. I just used an elbow that I got from the auto parts store for 2 bucks.
The good news is that you can get to both easily once you take the kick panel and lower plastic venting off. The bypass valve is relatively inexpensive. not sure how much a heater core would run you.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
The bypass valve is relatively inexpensive. not sure how much a heater core would run you.

don't have to worry about that if mine went, as have three spares lol;ol;​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts