Model: Ice Blazer
Type (winter only):Studdable
Size (tread width/aspect/diameter): 245/45/17
Your car: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero
Price paid: $86 Shipped Each
Vendor: tires-easy.ca
Miles/KMs driven so far: 40,000 KMs
Impression so far (describe):
Before getting these tires, I used to run Gislaved NordFrost Winters (which were incredible) so that's all I can compare to. With that said, the Sailun Iceblazer tires have been amazing overall. Grips on ice, stops on a dime, very predictable in poor conditions. The only negative I have is they don't grip as well as I hoped from a stand still in mixed deep snow/slush/ice compared to the Gislaved tires. However, the IceBlazers also cost half the money. 80% of the performance for 1/2 the cost sounds great to me.
Overall subjective rating (1=poor/5=excellent): 4
Other comments: Sailun is not a typical Chinese manufacturer. They do go toe to toe with the bigger brands but cost less. The silica and rubber compounds as well as the belts are very well engineered. I've never has an issue with the tires coming out of true, or ever needing them to be re-balanced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BRAND: Dunlop
Model:Wintersport M3 (3D)
Type (winter only): performance winter
Size (tread width/aspect/diameter): 215/55/16
Your car: 9-3
Price paid: 90 per corner
Vendor: tirerack
Miles/KMs driven so far: 15K
Impression so far (describe): Great balance for snow and dry traction, a little bit noisy, but works really well.auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver Dry grip is about as good as a performance all season tire, subjectively. I have gone in several inches of snow with my car and have been able to stop on a hill with an ice/snow mix. Have had hit a patch of black ice and gone sideways a bit but completely recovered once i hit pavement again. Gone through 3 winters so far.
Overall subjective rating (1=poor/5=excellent): 4
Other comments:
I don't recall exactly all the details we used to cover in the tire specs, but it might have been something like this (feel free to add to the template):

21 - 22 of 22 Posts