SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Notice how it lies like a limp squid? It also says "replaces the molded carpets", so if you want a super fit, this aint it. However, they might suit you if you are not ridiculously anal like many of us.
I'd pluck yours out, have them professionally cleaned (or do them yourself carefully) and then get a re-dye job.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm a re-dye job might work. There is a lot work going into this car... who knows I may fork out some cash and get an auto trimmer to do a new molded carpet for me with some plush new material.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I replaced my tan carpets with a black set. Overall I give them a B+.
They are not a perfect fit, but you really can't tell once you get all of the stuff back in the car.

In reality, you only see about 10% of the carpet. The rest is covered up by the seats, center console, mats, knee bolster, etc....

The biggest gripe is where the front carpet meets the rear carpet. The front needs to be about 5" longer so they overlap better. Mine has a small 1" gap between front and back. Again, the only place you can see this is a 1" section between the door sill and the seat.

Nobody has noticed the non-molded carpet look by just looking at the car.

Overall, I believe it is the best thing you can get for the money.
Plus, the carpet itself if a much better quality than OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts