SaabCentral Forums banner

421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
You know you drive a 9-5 when :

-your speedo cluster fails and causes the car to go in limp mode (Yes, this happened on mom's '99 9-5 SE)
-when people ask if your "Mercedes" was a European only model.
-you dream of potential tunes and ideas for your 9-5 (this goes for all my Saabs!)
-you dream of working SIDs
-you laugh at the fact people think your car is new.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How can not changing a model over 11 years of the 9-5 being in production be "genius"? Saab was ripped apart for it. Their bread and butter 9-3 was 9 years old and their flagship sedan was 11 before they went bankrupt.
Saabs tended to evolve instead of starting over. The dame edna facelift should have been a new model, but even so, Saab always kept basic models longer than most makes. Maybe that was out of necessity for the past 40 years, but from the 99 to the 9-3 there was evolution within the same class instead of starting over with a fully new concept and market position, like we see from larger companies. The ng900 was even supposed to have been more similar to the classic, before GM stepped in. Same with the 9000 (which actually was a radical break) to the last 9-5.

9-5's had the same basic inner door panel design as an ng900. A minor detail, but there were similar features all over the cars, and design that approach gave Saabs a timeless look.

I also think it was genius, but apparently most others didn't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You know you drive a 9-5
When every body ask the brand of you car.
When you wife complaint how expensive the car is, but love the leader and heat sits

·
Registered
135 Posts
...you only buy drinks with screw on caps.

...you compare the seats in every other car you ever sit in to the 9-5's...and they're never as good.

...opening the hood gives you the same feeling of excitement as taking off your girlfriends top.

...you're always looking for a reason to drive it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
You know you drive a 9-5 when you lock the doors while driving and give a creepy face at the passengers (who ride for the first time in the car) after the enormous locking sound and everybody look uncomfortable

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
...opening the hood gives you the same feeling of excitement as taking off your girlfriends top.
If you are 60+, I agree. Otherwise, I can help with a friend who can talk to you about your problem? :cheesy:

P.S. I have a diesel engine. About as sexy as a bag of spanners!

421 - 432 of 432 Posts