SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the paint/coating of my fan buttons, ( around the fan icon:p ) peeled off! has anyone elses done this?

Also, seats.. my car ( 03 AERO) has been back to the dealer 3 times for a seat fault. When i go round corners half the time i get a nasty creaking coming from the seat back.. is this a common fault or is it just mine!.. after 3 visits, they still have not managed to fix it... :(

Things like this make you loose faith in a car that other wise is excellent :(

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am starting to witness the infamous hood badge delamination on my 9-3SS... funny thing is my 10 year old 900 Convertible never had that problem in all it's years.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I'm a peeler too. Glovebox button most of all. Replaced under warranty.
I wonder if this changed for 2005s at all?

The worst part is having to deal with the peeling 2 yrs after the warranty runs out. That radio or climate control unit's gonna be rather expensive. :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bladey said:
Yesterday the paint/coating of my fan buttons, ( around the fan icon:p ) peeled off! has anyone elses done this?

Yes exactly the same story except yet to get it fixed (service coming up though).

·
Registered
266 Posts
You think YOU'VE got problems?

I just traded in a 2003 Nissan 350Z for my 2005 9-3SS, and boy, I'd rather have creaky seats and peeling buttons than the problems my Z had! Here's the list of issues it went through during the 2.5 years I owned it... it should make you all feel very, very good about your Saabs:

-Destroyed tires in 8000 miles. 4 Sets of front tires and 2 alignments, still kept doing it, turns out this is a problems with all 350Z's, every one wears front tires like crazy!
-Replaced main gauge cluster 3 times.
-Replaced gauge computer
-Fuel pump/level sensor replaced
-Driver seat loose
-CD player sometimes skips over tracks
-Shifter grinded in 2nd until I put synthetic gear oil in tranny (many people had grind problems until the tranny broke and had to be replaced)
-Clutch and throwout bearing wore out prematurely.

Final straw was when the fuel level sensor failed again and car started stalling upon startup.:evil:

Makes peeling buttons and emblems sound like nothing, huh?;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have to take my 93 in because the passenger rear panel (where the airbag is located) is loose and you can see right up in there where the airbag is. I have no idea how it came loose but my wife noticed while detailing it this weekend. Weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts