SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
new here, I've soaked up what I can from this forum and youtube.
My drivers door lock, on a right hand drive Saab 93 2010 seized up in the lock state and I had the fun of taking the door off while closed. I managed to get everything apart, then found a replacement lock at a wreckers. I've installed it but still it's broken.
I can hear the mechanism make a small noise when I press unlock on the remote, but it doesn't make a noise as long as the other locks do when they unlock.

The wreckers part could also be faulty, but is there anything else I need to try before I rip one of these locks apart and "try" to refurbish?
I've checked all fuses and done the unplug the negative terminal for 30mins to reset the comp but doesn't fix.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It should be very straight forward. Since it is the “driver door” and gets the most use I’m guessing the junker lock is bad too

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Does it unlock OK by pulling the button and using the key, manually? If so, then the lock unit is bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should be very straight forward. Since it is the “driver door” and gets the most use I’m guessing the junker lock is bad too
Thanks for the reply, could you tell us what the junker lock is, just googled, but nothing came up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it unlock OK by pulling the button and using the key, manually? If so, then the lock unit is bad.
Nope, I left it in the unlock position, but pushed it down and now it's locked itself again, pulling up and down on the door pin does nothing. The window console on the door all works and the central lock/unlock buttons under the handle all work (for the other 3 doors)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re-add the door module with tech2. There's also unplugging the door wiring loom (different than disconnecting the battery) for a few mins. These are both simple to do and take a few minutes total so worth trying before more invasive things. FYI you'll need to relearn antipinch if this works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re-add the door module with tech2. There's also unplugging the door wiring loom (different than disconnecting the battery) for a few mins. These are both simple to do and take a few minutes total so worth trying before more invasive things. FYI you'll need to relearn antipinch if this works.
Oh damn, I thought from older threads I read, changing the lock mechanism doesn't require tech2.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a similar issue that my passenger rear door wouldn't function with the remote...giving the door lock error message. I didn't change modules, only did these things & it now works without issue. This may not work for you but it's quick, easy, & most importantly free to try. Unfortunately the electronics in this car all seem to be absolute trash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similar issue that my passenger rear door wouldn't function with the remote...giving the door lock error message. I didn't change modules, only did these things & it now works without issue. This may not work for you but it's quick, easy, & most importantly free to try. Unfortunately the electronics in this car all seem to be absolute trash.
Thanks, when you say disconnect the wiring loom, do you mean disconnect the wiring from that door lock or all the door wiring that goes into the trunk?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just the wiring from that door, they run in the crook of the door & is visible when you open the door. It's one connector per door.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all,
new here, I've soaked up what I can from this forum and youtube.
My drivers door lock, on a right hand drive Saab 93 2010 seized up in the lock state and I had the fun of taking the door off while closed. I managed to get everything apart, then found a replacement lock at a wreckers. I've installed it but still it's broken.
I can hear the mechanism make a small noise when I press unlock on the remote, but it doesn't make a noise as long as the other locks do when they unlock.

The wreckers part could also be faulty, but is there anything else I need to try before I rip one of these locks apart and "try" to refurbish?
I've checked all fuses and done the unplug the negative terminal for 30mins to reset the comp but doesn't fix.
Check a video on YT from THe Flying Mechanic, it shows hot to disassemble and fix the issue, hope this helps you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've opened up my old lock and followed The Flying Mechanics tutorial, now if I plug in the old lock or the replacement one I got, they both make a single clicking sound when pressing the fob unlock. The other doors go click click, and the lock bolts move down then back up. But either of these driver locks go click but nothing moves. Have I just got bad luck and they're both broken or is there somewhere else to look for problems.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The lock actuator is driven by the driver door switch pack (DDM) so it may have failed or needs to be readded as @Bob12312357 said.

·
Registered
2002 9-3 5D, 1999 9-3 Cabriolet
2 Posts
G'day Matticus, I've had similar proiblems and like you went to the wreckers first and got a second hand lock. That didn't work and more research showed that there was a change to the lock mechanisms in 2007. My wagon is a 2007 and the lock from the wreckers came from a 2004. So that was never going to work. Then I also dismanted my lock and soldered the motor contacts as per a You Tube video and got it to work - sort of. Now the interior light doesn't work when opening that door, and of course the follow-me-home function doesn't work either. Seems the bus is not identifying that the door is open. Got another lock from a different wrecker, this time from a 2007 model, and will try fitting that next weekend. Thing is, I never thought that the lock might havve to be added with the Tech2, and I have a Tech2 (having 3 Saabs pretty much means it's an essential tool). Will have a play with that first before taking the door apart again and keep you posted. I'm in Queensland, where are you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts