SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle: 2004 9-3 Aero Conv.

I am needing to do both front and rear pads and rotors on my wifes 9-3. I have done a search and looked in the faqs on change out.

Is it really as simple as it seems - as in straight forward? I have changed discs on Rodeo, F-150 pu, Chevy 1500 pickup in the past so the concepts are not new.

2d Question - is the disc locking screw the only thing keeping the rotors on other than the rim with lugs torqued? The rotors on the F150 were fit with just the lugs maintaining them. Once again not new concept just want to be sure.

I have to find the eTorx sockets and will rent the autozone tool to retract the rear calipers.

Any hidden "gotchas"?

Thanks for the great forum.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK...yet another question I forgot about.

Rotors will be the brembos.

Pads - like and have used Hawks in the past. Friend swears by EBC on his porsches....thought on Mintex vs Hawks vs EBC Greenstuff? Leaning towards Mintex and EBC right now.

John

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
John K said:
Vehicle: 2004 9-3 Aero Conv.

I am needing to do both front and rear pads and rotors on my wifes 9-3. I have done a search and looked in the faqs on change out.

Is it really as simple as it seems - as in straight forward? I have changed discs on Rodeo, F-150 pu, Chevy 1500 pickup in the past so the concepts are not new.

2d Question - is the disc locking screw the only thing keeping the rotors on other than the rim with lugs torqued? The rotors on the F150 were fit with just the lugs maintaining them. Once again not new concept just want to be sure.

I have to find the eTorx sockets and will rent the autozone tool to retract the rear calipers.

Any hidden "gotchas"?

Thanks for the great forum.

John
I did the rears on my buddys 9-3ss and it seemed pretty straight forward. As long as you have the right tools you shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
John K said:
OK...yet another question I forgot about.

Rotors will be the brembos.

Pads - like and have used Hawks in the past. Friend swears by EBC on his porsches....thought on Mintex vs Hawks vs EBC Greenstuff? Leaning towards Mintex and EBC right now.

John
I had the green ebc's on my last car. If you're looking to eliminate dust, go with the RED ebc. The green ones are very similar to any stock brake pad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts