·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while bored and browsing...

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Well at least the back is acceptable.......................since that's what most people see on the highway. :lol:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Like the rear lights, don't like the way the trunk cuts into the bumper/fender. I'd have a 1.9Tdi transplant tomorrow though, purely for the fuel consumption.:confused:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Looks absoutely horrible *vomit*

Why did they trade off the sharp lines of the old 9-5 for overly rounded edges like a Kia?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kermit said:
Like the rear lights, don't like the way the trunk cuts into the bumper/fender.
It resembles the estate which has the bootlid cutting into the bumper . Intelligent design for loading.

Looks fine to me.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really don't like the "new" facelift. At first it looked like an apperant mockup picture, but the reg number checked out. It's a test car registered to Saab in Trollhättan, Sweden.

Oh well, not every Saab model can be as good looking as the 9-5 my02-04 :cheesy:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, it´s public information. But we can´t se who´s the owner of a viecle online if it has a private owner. We must then make a call or order information by fax. But since the car in the pics is owed by a company we can se exactly who.
It´s a law thing...

Noticiable is that the car isn´t registred as a 9-5. Only as a SAAB....

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
mfong said:
oh man, i wish i bought a diesel one.
they must go forever, probably like 36 / 50
or something like that

~Mike
Quick, a Mike Fong quote that actually made sense. Shall i make this a sticky? :cheesy: The 1.9Tdi engine is actually sourced from Fiat, its the 150bhp JTD engine. How proud of your Saab would you be with a bloody Fiat engine in it? :( Still as Mike correctly points out it gets great fuel mileage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kermit said:
Like the rear lights, don't like the way the trunk cuts into the bumper/fender. I'd have a 1.9Tdi transplant tomorrow though, purely for the fuel consumption.:confused:
I think the trunk is the same depth as the current 9-5, they have just integrated the bumper further up the body work.
I assume it would take alot more redesigned, safety testing etc if they had changed the rear end structure.

Scotch

·
Registered
679 Posts
It looks really like the new mitsubishi carisma from the back....

Michael

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Gee,

If I was to have seen that from a distance, I would've initially thought '99/'02 'E' class Benz rear.:confused:

Having said that, from the spyshots posted, I think the current and earlier 95 s are about to go up in value. ;)
For me, they dialled out too much SAABness and shoved in way too much Kia/Daewoo/GM.:evil:

What's next, the SAABeru LIBERTY?:cry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts