SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm sure everything was fine, but why not use the tow hook? Is it not installed on all convertibles?

Love the wheels on that color btw, my favorite wheels (i'm biased).

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure everything was fine, but why not use the tow hook? Is it not installed on all convertibles?

Love the wheels on that color btw, my favorite wheels (i'm biased).

It has the Viggen/sport package and is lowered, so you can't use the standard methods. It was parked on the grass, making it even lower and harder to pull and I had to get it off there before mud season. There's a screw in tow hook/eye through the Viggen bumper but there's something wrong with my mount and I couldn't use it. The aluminum bumper pull was the best choice.

Of course, as a Saab owner, I also always like to give the neighbors something to talk about.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Its amazing how different it looks without the bumper and lowered. I like it a lot.

I have thought a number of times of the ability to tow another Saab. But when I think about it, the other car is a lot further away. And I know the brakes, when they work, are not up to the job.

Can't ever have just one....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
What’s the story with this one? Gorgeous color. These 2003 viggen clones are fun. We picked one up cheap last year and it will be a wonderful car.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have thought a number of times of the ability to tow another Saab. But when I think about it, the other car is a lot further away.
I was only towing it out of the yard and to a resting spot in the street so that I can tidy up a few mechanical things.

What’s the story with this one? Gorgeous color. These 2003 viggen clones are fun. We picked one up cheap last year and it will be a wonderful car.
Cosmic Blue. Close to Lightning blue in the sun; a little darker in this photo. 125K now; rust free last I checked, a few small dings that need the Dent Wizard. Suspension is Eibach/Koni. Currently has an exhaust valve issue that I am going to cure by swapping in a lower miles motor I have somewhat handy :). More mods to come as I have time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts