SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Yakima roof rack with Q Towers set up on my old car, and want to transfer it over to my 9-2x. Has anyone used the Q tower setup on their 9-2x yet? I've seen people install roof rails, and add the lowrider towers to that, but haven't seen any q towers on the naked roof. Does it look good? I'm a little concerned because the rear window isn't very far back, so the rack will likely be entirely on the front 1/2 of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep. Works fine. You may need new clips (which are sold separate from the Q-towers). My old car used Q46 and the 92x requires Q78.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep the clips are all you need. Yes, you are correct that the rear windows are not far back. In fact, the bars only sit 25" apart from each other. I have called Yakima about this with concerns of denting the roof while carrying my bikes at 80 mph. They assured me that the 9-2X does not need a short roof kit for just bikes, and that I should be fine. Here is what it looks like:

Any other Yakima rack people out there? What's your experience? I'd love to hear some feedback from other owners.

1. Does your rack look like the picture above?

2. What do you carry on your rack?

3. Have you had any problems? Do you think a short roof adapter is really not necessary (for 2 bikes)?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic! That's exactly what I was looking for. Is that the farthest back you can place the second tower? It looks like there's a couple inches of window before the curve.

Even as it is, though, it doesn't look bad at all. The bike tray lengthens the overall look to balance it out. And unless you've got two ridiculously heavy bikes (downhill mtb's or something), I don't think that will be a problem for the roof. I'm putting the towers with 2 rockymounts trays on mine and I'll post as soon as I have it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts