SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 07 Aero SportCombi for a couple weeks now and just received my power adapter from J&R. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in the Saab's power adapter, neither in the dash or in the arm rest compartment. I've tried it in my coworkers 06 Aero and it doesn't work there, however it works in my Mazda and another friend's BMW. Whats up with the Saab cig light adapters? It seems like they are too deep, as I can sometimes get it to work if I press REAL hard, hard enough to even push the dash in, and then it just gets loose after a few seconds anyway.

The adapter I purchased is: http://www.xtrememac.com/chargers/incharge_auto/index.php

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is it the Saab or the way that the J&R unit is designed? Try an adapter from another device, I'm sure we all have an old cell phone adapter laying around to test with. I have about 4 if you need a spare. :( Maybe now with USB adapters this will be universal!! :cheesy:

Kelvin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kcaudell said:
Is it the Saab or the way that the J&R unit is designed? Try an adapter from another device, I'm sure we all have an old cell phone adapter laying around to test with. I have about 4 if you need a spare. :( Maybe now with USB adapters this will be universal!! :cheesy:

Kelvin
I believe you are correct, as my coworker has an older XtremeMac adapter which is working fine in his car. I hope I can return my unit back to J&R as its a bit scuffed up from jamming it in trying to get it to work. I also discovered an iPod dock adapter by SendStation that uses line out to provide the audio instead of the headphone jack and takes a USB input to power the iPod. A much cleaner and universal solution since I can use my cell phone charger (USB) to then charge the iPod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts