SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i am looking to get either XM or Sirius radio in my 01 9-5... i am leaning more toward sirius cause my dads got it and if i add onto his subscription it will be cheaper... now i was wondering if the 2001 9-5's came with the ability to have XM on there stock radio's? instead of having to buy a seperate unit... also does anyone have some good instal pics of either company and where you mounted them, thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you want to listen to sports XM is way to go. Most of the channels overlap btw the two with some difference. Sirius has Howard Stern & NFL, XM has NHL, MLB, MBA, all college sports Football and Basketball. Only thing I wish I had on my XM is Howard Stern. NFL is something you watch on TV and all local teams are on AM anyways.... I had XM since very first year and loved it ever since. I have AVIC-Z2 indash navigation with XM and XM NavTraffic. And 2001 9-5 doesn't have XM capability. Best way to mount after market XM is in your center tray. Very clean and looks stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did see that mount online when i was looking around, but i think im gonna have to go with sirius cause its cheaper for me in the long run since i don't have to start a whole new subscription and the monthly fee is cheaper also... but does anyone have sirius in there car with pictures of where they mounted it... i do like that mounting spot in the center tray

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry for the poor cellphone pic but this is my Sirius setup, just stock with the car install kit for the given model. I just ran the antenna behind some molding and out the sunroof. I've had the S50 for a year and a half or so now and I find it does all I need. It's location is ideal for me the driver and my friends who are 6'+ don't have issues with it cutting into legroom. The portability is nice, there is a bigger/better model available the S100 I think. That and the one I have allow you to 'record' your favorite songs off of the sat and play them back as you want. Plus they're portable, kinda ends up like an mp3 player. I'll admit I haven't looked into XM much but I've been beyond happy with this, love it way more than fm radio and it's def above CDs too.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts