SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 07 Saab 9-3 with Nav. It did not have XM so the dealer installed a Commander unit but the wire runs from it to the AUX input on the front of the Nav unit and looks ugly. Is there anyting I can do to hide the wire?
The dealer says the AUX unit was moved to the front in the 07 for IPODS etc. It used to run in the back...

·
Registered
473 Posts
you should be able to get the factory xm tuner box its not that bad, runs right into the stock radio and is controlled there, we do it all the time for cars that came without xm

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Its good to have a SAAB dealer on board. It would be good to have a couple mechanics helping people out like you are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. The dealer installed the XM Commander unit saying that was the only option for the Nav unit in the 07......Can you give me some more clues?

·
Registered
256 Posts
clay2107 said:
I have a photo that shows the problem.

Can I post this somehow?
Upload the photo to a site like imageshack.us or photobucket.com, click the photo icon when making a post, and paste the code the photo hosting site gave you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
take it back to them, make the retards uninstall it, they are LYING there is other xm options, and im not a mechanic my family owns a saab dealership so im a saleman :D

ps thats the LAZY way out the way they did it!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey- No offense, but their "installation job" looks absolutely terrible. You should demand that they fix it the correct way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer says that there is no way other than this to install it. They say the problem only exists in the 07 Saab 9-3. In 06 the AUX connection was in the back of the unit. It was moved to the front in 07 but has been changed for 08. Not sure what else to do. Do you know someone who can confirm that they are teklling me a miss truth?

·
Registered
473 Posts
no NO NO NO NO! thats all BS! you can get the xm box and add the factory option if you want i can get the p/n off mine in the trunk maybe you have the box but there is a malfunction so they did that ghetto work, look in the trunk, on the passenger side at the top where the trunk support goes behind the carpet stuff you should see a box with a pink/purple connector thats the xm antenna

·
Registered
473 Posts
here is where to find the xm tuner box, or where it goes when you get it

if you need any help with pricing on the factory xm box pm me please, ill be glad to help you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can that factory XM tuner be added to the stock radio? Or only to the one that came with the premium audio package? (Wait, let me guess...only premium audio, right?)

·
Registered
473 Posts
im pretty sure it can be used with any radio, i mean there might be slight differences in the boxes between the radios, but you can get them for any radio is what im saying

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a look in the back of the car and there is nothing like that.
So are you saying that the dealer should not have installed the XM Commander unit in the front but an XM tuner in the rear that would have hooked in with the Nav unit? Would this than work via the Nav unit instead? Can you send me some details/ This car also has OnStar. Does this complicate things?

·
Registered
81 Posts
FLA_SAAB_ DEALER said:
im pretty sure it can be used with any radio, i mean there might be slight differences in the boxes between the radios, but you can get them for any radio is what im saying
Whoops...I guess I should have mentioned this is also for a 2007

1 - 20 of 27 Posts