SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a XM Commander MT and I want to connected directly to the Radio for best sound. I do not want to use the FM Modulation (sound will appear muffled) and I do not want to use the front Aux Input because it will look ugly. I have a basic 2007 9-3 2.0T non premium sound system...Can I get some car audio expert to splice or create an aux input in the back of the radio or even direct connect it through another port ..Any posts will be greatly appreciated..Oh by the way, read some posts and I was able to place the XM antenna in the Dummy antenna on the roof...not difficult.:p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Good job!

Another antenna in the sharkfin. Allright!

You should look into something called "FM direct", or somesuch thing, on XMfan.com. It's an FM modulator that plugs directly into the antenna port on the radio.

·
Registered
155 Posts
cubanos321 said:
I just received a XM Commander MT and I want to connected directly to the Radio for best sound. I do not want to use the FM Modulation (sound will appear muffled) and I do not want to use the front Aux Input because it will look ugly. I have a basic 2007 9-3 2.0T non premium sound system...Can I get some car audio expert to splice or create an aux input in the back of the radio or even direct connect it through another port ..Any posts will be greatly appreciated..Oh by the way, read some posts and I was able to place the XM antenna in the Dummy antenna on the roof...not difficult.:p
I'd just pick up the aux input cable which plugs into the back of EHU and keep it behind the radio instead of routing it into the center console where it's ment to go.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I know one way to do it that's sure to work: Take apart the radio and solder wires to the 1/8" jack on the board, then route them out the back of the radio.

Of course this probably voids the warranty on the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AUX Input

Thanks.....sounds like the only way is to get another radio....but I will ask if any car audio places if they are willing to do it....just one question is it difficult..:roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts