SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get Satellite radio installed hardwired in a 9-3 Aero? I tried at circuit city and they told me it can't be done due to the computer system and the radio. i really hate the basic xm kit because of all the interference does anyone have any suggestions? is it even possible to hardwire Xm into Saabs?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
And there is a benzel that will fit with the Commander. Looks great in my 06'!

·
Registered
409 Posts
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/saab/ is where you will find pictures of the final product. You can't order it on their website, but if you call them at 1-800-388-0073 they will take your order over the phone. The bezel itself with shipping if I remember right was about $40. The XM Commander (which you can find used on eBay for a low price) is what fits in here.

Steps:

- Purchase Aux-In cable
- Install Aux-In cable (plugs into the back of the CD changer in the dash, pop out the ashtray, then climate control, then CD changer)
- Have Saab dealer activate Aux-In with Tech2 (no way around this one).
- Either install XM Commander w/bezel yourself or have independent shop do it, now that Aux-In is active

As far as cramming the XM Commander controller into the bezel, does anyone have any advice? I tried on mine and ended up breaking one of the tabs, so I had to do a half-assed glue job and it doesn't look so nice. Sadly, I think I have to buy another one and try again :( Of course, Pro-Fit has a tech support number which I maybe should have called and asked how to do it in the first place.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks! It claims that all orders/info must come from the dealer... strange, I've never seen this in any Saab accessories catalogue or for sale at my stealership.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Acidradio said:
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/saab/ is where you will find pictures of the final product. You can't order it on their website, but if you call them at 1-800-388-0073 they will take your order over the phone. The bezel itself with shipping if I remember right was about $40. The XM Commander (which you can find used on eBay for a low price) is what fits in here.

Steps:

- Purchase Aux-In cable
- Install Aux-In cable (plugs into the back of the CD changer in the dash, pop out the ashtray, then climate control, then CD changer)
- Have Saab dealer activate Aux-In with Tech2 (no way around this one).
- Either install XM Commander w/bezel yourself or have independent shop do it, now that Aux-In is active

As far as cramming the XM Commander controller into the bezel, does anyone have any advice? I tried on mine and ended up breaking one of the tabs, so I had to do a half-assed glue job and it doesn't look so nice. Sadly, I think I have to buy another one and try again :( Of course, Pro-Fit has a tech support number which I maybe should have called and asked how to do it in the first place.
Thanks acidradio. I think they are actually in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pro-Fit Mounts via email said:
Yes the part number you will need to order is the SA-93XM at a cost of $38.95. Please call 1-800-388-0073 and place your order over the phone. Shipping options are ground at $8, 2nd Day $15 and Overnight at $35.

We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.

This is what I just got back from emailing their customer service. Part # SA-93XM for under $40 bucks! I don't have XM but could think of a few things to mount there, and that's gotta be cheaper than a replacement ashtray from the dealer's!

·
Registered
155 Posts
KjT817 said:
[/color]

This is what I just got back from emailing their customer service. Part # SA-93XM for under $40 bucks! I don't have XM but could think of a few things to mount there, and that's gotta be cheaper than a replacement ashtray from the dealer's!
Great info. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. I've got a sirius unit with slightly larger dimensions that the XM Commander that I plan to mount there. Thanks again guys for all the info.

·
Registered
409 Posts
KjT817 said:
Thanks! It claims that all orders/info must come from the dealer... strange, I've never seen this in any Saab accessories catalogue or for sale at my stealership.
Originally, you had to order the complete XM Kit from Saab, which included all the stuff and retailed for $299 or so. You could not buy the bezel separately. I think they didn't sell enough, so Pro-Fit decided it needed to get rid of some inventory. That and since XM is now integrated into new-model Saabs, the likelihood of selling many more is slim. Jaguar has a similar type of bracket used to install Sirius in its cars, although I don't know if Pro-Fit makes that one too.

Cosmicflash said:
Thanks acidradio. I think they are actually in your neck of the woods.
That is a correct statement. They are in Eagan, which is the south suburbs, about 20 mins south of me. I'm just outside of downtown Minneapolis, in the shadows of the University.

KjT817 said:
I don't have XM but could think of a few things to mount there, and that's gotta be cheaper than a replacement ashtray from the dealer's!
I think I'd go with the "non-ashtray" storage compartment instead. This is only really good for the XM Commander controller and that's it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts