SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very nice job, looks great! And welcome to the XM Nation. :)

The antenna for my SkyFi goes under the parcel shelf tomorrow. Looking forward to having that hidden. My SkyFi is a little more than a year old, so I have the bigger nub antenna with the two wire lead. I'm hoping that it pulls in a strong enough signal under the shelf, I understand it's not quite as good as the newer, single-wire antenna.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm happy to report that the parcel shelf thing works great on the older nub antennas as well. I put mine sideways right next to the center child-restraint clamp. Get max sat signal.

Remove the parcel shelf is a complete piece of cake. The trim clips can be removed by pressing down on the center with your thumb and then just pulling back on the shelf. Then the whole thing just slides straight back.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I posted this in a thread when I got it installed. I have since spruced it up by using the trim from the ashtray (that I removed completely) to cover the unfinished foam that's exposed by removing it.

I can't speak for the Commander, but the SkyFi does NOT produce CD-quality sound. It sounds like average MP3's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Viscouse said:
TheKomoman: how bout updated pix?
Don't have the pics here with me in the office, I'll post when I get home.

The upload restriction makes getting a good look kind of tough. I remember seeing on the terms where you're not supposed to embed pics hosted from an outside source? :-?? Is that right? Cause I could post a higher res pic on my web server.

·
Registered
220 Posts
ncgnito said:
Which trim clips are you referring to? I tried to do this and was afraid I was going to break the pieces. I've got my antennae partially showing through the holes in the parcel shelf vents. I slid the antennae underneath from the trunk through the vent holds underneath the shelf. It sounds like you have a more stable location though that can be reached by pulling out the shelf. Thanks for the help.
When you fold the seats down there are 3 round "buttons." Press down firmly on the center of them while pulling at the same time around the outside edges of them. They will come out completely. Then just pull the whole shelf straight back towards you. After you see the shelf it will be obviously how it needs to be re-installed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Aus93Aero said:
sorry to bring up an old thread, but on all your pictures, what are the buttons next to the butterfly cup holder? (they certainly arn't on Australian cars)
Here in the states we get Onstar forced on us instead of a hands-free telephone option, and that's what those buttons are. Onstar is a service that acts as a hands-free phone (but only their service, of course) and also acts as an emergency help service. If your airbag deploys it sends a signal and they contact you, if the don't get a response the dispatch the police, etc.

I know a few guys around here have noodled out the way to setup Tel1 with a bluetooth option as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.