SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if the Canadian 9-2X aero have xenons? It's not listed on the Saab site. Then again, the saab site list the aero to have 16" rims. :roll:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Canada requires DRLs, HID setup doesn't have them. Thus, no HID in Canada. Blame your government for that one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh? DRLs don't stop other mfgs like bmw, lexus, infiniti, MB etc to have HIDs in their canadian cars. :roll:

·
Registered
89 Posts
But they use a different setup. The 92x doesn't have other lights to use as the DRLs, and you do not want to use Xenon bulbs all the time, or they get pretty expensive. The Toyota Prius doesn't allow HID bulbs into Canada either. Maybe it is a Japanese thing.
You could buy an American Aero, and just drive with the parking lamps on all the time, but I don't think that those little bulbs count.

·
Registered
84 Posts
qcomdrj said:
But they use a different setup. The 92x doesn't have other lights to use as the DRLs, and you do not want to use Xenon bulbs all the time, or they get pretty expensive. The Toyota Prius doesn't allow HID bulbs into Canada either. Maybe it is a Japanese thing.
You could buy an American Aero, and just drive with the parking lamps on all the time, but I don't think that those little bulbs count.
Saab 9-3's with Xenon lights use them as DRLs without any problems.

My father's VW Touareg uses its Xenon lights as DRLs, and after 2 year, he has yet to have to change a bulb...

·
Registered
89 Posts
acherny said:
Saab 9-3's with Xenon lights use them as DRLs without any problems.

My father's VW Touareg uses its Xenon lights as DRLs, and after 2 year, he has yet to have to change a bulb...
And are either of those made in Japan?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't think the origin of the cars has any bearing to whether HIDs should be included or not. You don't want me to list the japanese cars that have HIDs do you? ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see which manufacturers do it and which don't. I didn't search too far past the Prius, I was just trying to find some that did it differently in Canada than in the US. Other than DRLs, I can't think of anything different between the two countries, except for using the metric system.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is really sad. Just as the new WRXs are beginning to look good, I think Saab would've really taken that new front end to the next level.

·
Registered
77 Posts
did u order one?

9Saab3 said:
06MY 9-2X Aero will have the xeon light as an factory option:)
have you already talked to someone about the 06. the 06 will not come in the aero model. I sell saabs, not to say I know it all, but I have been told that saab has plans to build there own 9-2x in the future. (who knows) but I was also told the 06 model will be linear only for around $25,000

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i'm glad i got the 05 Aero. I trust subaru's engineering more so than Saab. No offence Inspector. Read way too many Saab stories about reliability issues. In addition, Saab built cars are FWD = wrong wheel drive. :nono;

·
Registered
89 Posts
inspector saab said:
have you already talked to someone about the 06. the 06 will not come in the aero model. I sell saabs, not to say I know it all, but I have been told that saab has plans to build there own 9-2x in the future. (who knows) but I was also told the 06 model will be linear only for around $25,000
There have been many reports about the 06 Aero coming out. It will have the 2.5L turbo.

·
Registered
77 Posts
no offence taken bud

I have to be honest, I trust the suburu engine to. However I love Saabs anyway. Saab need a little more TLC. Anytime you get into a premium euopean car, it will cost a bit more in maintaining it, some are better than others. I dont know what the plans are for the 9-2x if Saab takes over it, but if they build an awd drive I imagin there will be some kinks to work out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
US will get the Aero model for 06... but not canadians. I guess 92x aeros aren't selling in Canada?!
Don't get me wrong inspector, the 93 sedans are hot in Aero trim... but FWD really bugs me. If that new 93 V6 turbos come out as RWD... whoa!!! :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
not at our dearlership

We sold 23 9-2x Aeros last month ALL AUTO's. I didnt have any problems with them. But we also had the GM employee discount. I will be the first to admit the car was over priced before.

Now about the 9-3 Aero, what if I told you we beat a M3 with a 9-3 Aero??
Well we did, we installed a BSR tuning kit form sweden (all fully warrented)
STOCK HP 210
STOCK Torque 221

after the tuning kit
HP 268
Torque 310 @ 1900 RPM (low)

of course the M3 will kick the 9-3 *** off the line, but doing 50 k side by side,
we dropped the gear and embarassed the M3 which cost about $25,000 more!!

How are ya!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts