SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to get into all the details on the problems I've had with the module & socket replacement on my 2003 Linear.
So long story short, the dealer claims to have not replaced any bulbs, but after leaving the dealer, the passenger side (with the problem) is a 'greener, gold' colour tone compared to the original pink/blue tone emitted from the drivers side. The dealer switched bulbs while testing and now the driver side has the green tone. The mechanic claims this will go away once the Xenon resets itself. (which is a crock, because under that theory, then both driver/pass side would be this green/gold tone since they moved bulbs around)

Digressing, neither colour tone of the two bulbs impresses me. I prefer the brighter bulbs that I see on '06+ 9-3's. Which also tend to have the Xenon blue-ish hue from distances and turn white as you near.

Can anyone tell me if they used a different Kelvin rating from the 2003 (4300k) ? Such as 5300k?
Or are my DS2 bulbs just past their prime? b/c the xenon's never achieved this colour tone on my '03 since my ownership of May this year.
I'm tired of fighting with my dealer and want to replace both bulbs on my own anyway...

Thanks !!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
My xenons (4300K) definitely went pink/orange before I replaced them.

You can put in any color temp you like. I got mine on ebay.

I don't know if Saab switched color temps for later years. You might check part numbers in the EPC. I do know the original bulbs I removed from my 2003 were not the same manufacturer (one Philips, one Osram), but were the same temp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts