SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, not to sound stupid here but this 07 9-3 Aero is first car I had that have the xeon headlights. I assume they are since bright white and self leveling? Anyways, my passenger main is getting dim. I noticed today with daytime running and then this evening when dark. Is this a sign bulb going bad with these xeon's? And if so, best choice to get or part number? Also, are they hard to replace? Sorry for all the questions. Any input would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree!
Our 2008 9-3 Aero has D1S bulbs though....
Replace them both, I found Osram on Amazon a two bulb set for a great price!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
D1S is not compatible in any way. D1S bulbs have the igniter as one piece on the backside of the bulb. D2S doesn't have this. the igniter is separate and plugs into the D2S bulb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I ended up finding a good deal on Amazon for the Philips D2S Standard Authentic Xeons.
About 76 for a set.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Off topic but I thought zenons don't fade, they run bright until they go kaput. Am I wrong (again)???

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Off topic but I thought zenons don't fade, they run bright until they go kaput. Am I wrong (again)???
They can lose a little brightness and sometimes turn a pinkish colour. More typically, they start to flicker off briefly, then more and more.

And the output still depends on the condition of the projector system (reflector and lens), as well as the headlight lens. I don't think there's any easy way to check if the internal reflector in the projector is good or not.

·
Super Moderator
18,995 Posts
They turn pink then purple.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts