SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do I need to know when buying Xenon headlight bulbs? Genuine Saab or OEM? If OEM, what brand is OEM? Low beam? DS2, Etc.

Always noticed a slight variation in the colors of my Xenon bulbs. One is slightly off color - has a blueish tint. When I arrived home tonight I could see a flicker in the beam on the wall in front of where I park coming from the blueish tint bulb. I'm guessing it's going out. How long do I have before it needs to be replaced?

Thank you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a 2 pack for $50? If so, that's a great price. Is it recommended to change both bulbs at the same time rather than just the one that's flickering?

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Yes it's 2. Yes change both.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diggs, is there an easy way to remove and replace the bulbs instead of removing the headlights as instructed in the WIS? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Unhook negative on battery first.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
And this is important:

"Anybody had a problem putting the igniter back on? Have my little feet lined up, bulb is sitting in there nicely, but no joy. Right sign box won't go back on. Great vid, by the way, really great."

"who knew- for anyone else this happens to, there is a yellow ring with 4 notches on the inside of the igniter that need to be lined up with the notches on the interior wall of the igniter- I juggled it out of place apparently."

Also, it's in the How To sticky :cool:

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1072365#post1072365

Note when I posted in that thread. Those bulbs are still in the car. $50 bulbs have lasted 6 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts