SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problem at my 9-3 aero convertible right xenon headlight. It start flickering after start engine. When engine is off it shine normally. I have trayed everything (change bulb, ballast and at end put there another complete xenon headlight -the same problem) . Every time it start flickering after I start engine. It will light up normally approximately 10 minutes after starting. Problem isn't at headlight (I was trayed another one) but I don't know where. When I stop engine it star shine normally

·
Super Moderator
20,031 Posts
Did you try swapping ignitors too?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. I Trayed swap everything between left and right headlight. The problem is always only on the right side, even if I connect the headlight to it from the left side. I also thoroughly cleaned the connector to the right headlight.
After starting, the xenon flashes and it stops after about 10 minutes of driving. Then lights normally. When I start the engine the xenon flashes and if I turn it off immediately the xenon lights up normally

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
ballast are underneath the headlamps,ignitors are the silver box on the back of the lamp..

What MY are we referring too,as the hid changed lamps...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a video of this? If everything has been tried including the assembly, it could be a wiring problem or is it possible something is physically shaking the headlight?

I’ve commonly had bad motor mounts or A/C and other lines rub against HID’s and cause one to vibrate, since they’re leveling it doesn’t take much to shake the bulb housing around making the light bounce quite violently.

I always recommend checking out the WIS for wiring diagrams, it’s normally one of the better places to find out what connects to what.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If something was mechanically wrong (contact, frayed cable, bad ground) it would not light up after about 10 minutes of driving. I would rather guess that it is related to the temperature in the engine compartment.
When the engine is switched off, both xenons light up normally, even if the car vibrates differently with the car into the headlight or into the fuse box

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xenon flashes only after starting the engine (at 0:08) after switching it off (at 0:17) it lights up normally again
video here:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Are these headlights original ? I see some aftermarket lights are these wired to any part of the headlight wiring harness ?

again, did u swap the ballast and igniters between both sides ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lights are original and YES i swaped ballast. I even tried to put a completely different light from another car and it flashes too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was tested it at TECH2 but only xenon bulb failure at right lihgt is there

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Check the ground point next to the air filter, and take a photo of it for us to see, make sure no corrosion and it is tight.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Can u follow that harness, there should be a branching point few centimeters down, inspect the branching point and pull on the wires to see if any of them will pull out .
Was the car in an accident in that corner ? Cause i dont think that ground should be painted !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car was not crashed. I have owned it for 8 years and suddenly it started to get angry

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Check +12V to ballast (pin 3, yellow wire) stays on? Could be UEC.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts