SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T, and I'm scratching my head an doing constant research to try an figure out what could be wrong with it. The thing that makes these problems harder to trace down is that I dont have a CEL, but I guess the number one issue I'll talk about, is this sound my car makes above 60 mph given with a little acceleration. It makes this air noise, and gets more high-pitched the faster you go, and I can hear a high-pitch noise like a spinning top at higher rpms, and almost sounds like the turbo, but I'm not sure, but when you let off, it makes this loud "pssh" like it was holding in a ton of boost. I dont believe my turbo is done, because there's no white smoke from the exhaust, but I do have a BSR intake that's connected to the stock intake piping that runs down to the turbo. Perhaps, it's an air leak in the piping as they get brittle over time. I don't know. I have changed my O-ring in the breather hose as well as replacing the diverter valve. Issue still occurs. When I'm sitting in park, the car runs smoothly until it jerks really rough, and it happens every 15 seconds or so. I also have this issue that happens very rarely but more often on warm days. Sometimes when I start my car, the engine stalls, and I have to retry maybe 3 times before it finally turns on. I guess my last issue is the power hesitation or slow acceleration, and this started happening more recently. After 20 minutes of driving my car all of sudden it has VERY slow acceleration. When this happens, I usually stop my car and turn it off, turn it on again and it's fine. Could anybody help me? Thanks

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
Try pushing the engine harder in lower gears. I suspect the whistling sound is, indeed, the turbo. It's pretty noticable in my 2004 9-3 when I push the engine.

Have you checked your ignition coils?

A Tech II will give you misfire counts which might be a good clue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try pushing the engine harder in lower gears. I suspect the whistling sound is, indeed, the turbo. It's pretty noticable in my 2004 9-3 when I push the engine.

I just bought 8 used good coils online and waiting for them to come in the mail. I really dont think it's my turbo because I dont see white smoke or anything and it doesnt smell like its burning oil. But I do remember when i removed my intake hose that ran to the turbo, I saw a slightl damp spot of oil sitting inside the turbo opening. Not sure if that is normal. I just ignored it. As much as I would live to get a tech 2, they're super expensive. :LOL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I also have an obdlink sx cord and t8 suite pro but I dont really know how to use it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
T8Suite is great for ECU, but if you work on your own car, plan to get a Tech2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts