SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fitting a Dash CAM and want to use this "keel" on the bottom of the rear view to mount the camera magnet. Perfet spot, I will get power from the Mirror (interior light) Not sure fi this has a use I do not want to mess with

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also an 06 Aero vert. Maybe just a US thingy I will take is apart ( has a seam and I pulled on it has wires - did this while driving so I do not know what it is ATM

EDIT: It has a single lack "cable" in it. I am thinking may NAV antenna? No where else to put it in a vert??

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Is this the Homelink auto dimming mirror with garage door opener function? My guess is the antenna for the garage door opener.

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Sounds like it's for the remote garage door opener. My 9-5 with autodim/remote/compass has the same thing. Which likes to fall off if I'm rough with the heat reflective shield I put in the windshield on summer days.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am fitting a Dash CAM and want to use this "keel" on the bottom of the rear view to mount the camera magnet. Perfet spot, I will get power from the Mirror (interior light) Not sure fi this has a use I do not want to mess with

View attachment 268992
I think the mirrors came either basic (hand flip) or auto dimming&compass&garage door openers. Judging by the divot there in the back of the mirror, and the wires, I'd say you've got the fancier one. So, I think the keel is the antenna for either the compass, the garage door openers, or both.

Regardless, if you're proposing to just stick your camera on there, I don't think you'll have any problems and it shouldn't affect sensitivity of the garage door openers or the accuracy of the compass. You'll only head into trouble if you propose cutting the keep off.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I think the mirrors came either basic (hand flip) or auto dimming&compass&garage door openers. Judging by the divot there in the back of the mirror, and the wires, I'd say you've got the fancier one. So, I think the keel is the antenna for either the compass, the garage door openers, or both.

Regardless, if you're proposing to just stick your camera on there, I don't think you'll have any problems and it shouldn't affect sensitivity of the garage door openers or the accuracy of the compass. You'll only head into trouble if you propose cutting the keep off.
I have auto dim mirror W/O garage opener in both my 9-3s. I have compass & auto dim mirror in my 9-5. None keel.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yeah I'm gonna either way, just really was curious. The camera will fit perfectly there and looks stock...

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do you mean fraud? The compass part is in the piece on the back of the mirror and displays the information on the mirror.
He means his mirror has a compass but does not have that thing whatever it is. My 9-5 had a compass never had that either and it had both compass and homelink.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts