SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 1999 9-5 with a windshield wiper transmission crapped out. I can hear the motor running (clicking) but no wiper movement. Local repairguy quotes $395 for replacement. Could this be right??? I cannot seem to find a replacement part on the web. Any suggestions?
PS: 5 " of rain predicted in next two days! Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
The re-manufactured part number from A1-Cardone is #43-2901 for the front and it will run you about $100 or so with a $25 core.

OE number is #48 32 333

It's under the hood under the plastic by the windshield on the drivers side. Pretty easy to do yourself, actually.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm considering parting mine out. If you're interested, I can verify the part number on mine and send a video showing it in action. Cheap replacement and I might even take pictures showing how to remove and install it! :lol:

PS: 5 " of rain predicted in next two days! Thanks
In the meantime, clean the glass and apply Rain-X. Then just drive really fast.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just noticed this part of your post, that would be useful

I'm considering parting mine out. If you're interested, I can verify the part number on mine and send a video showing it in action. Cheap replacement and I might even take pictures showing how to remove and install it! :lol:

In the meantime, clean the glass and apply Rain-X. Then just drive really fast.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I realize it's probably more than this but are the bolts on the arms tight? I had the same thing happen last winter... guess what, the bolts were just loose. I drove around for two days before I figured out what was wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wiper fix

Thanks to all who responded. Without a garage to work in (poured for two solid days) and my need for quick repair, I had to pay the freight ($100 for part and 200 labor). Looks like hot dogs for dinner for a couple of weeks.
Thanks again...Rich

·
Registered
398 Posts
In addition to checking the wiper arm nuts for tightness you need to check the crank arm on the wiper motor gearbox shaft. If this gets loose you will get exactly the symptoms you describe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts