SaabCentral Forums banner

Wrong DI makes it go boom?

503 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
My question is what damage if any could putting the wrong DI cassette in and driving with it? The snippet below tells you why I'm asking.

I had my car towed the other night. Third time in one month.

Anyways, I was told it was the DI that went. No problem, went down, price was resonable (replaced with a used DI), didn't bother to check under the hood and drove off.

Didn't even get a half block down when the car started bucking and seeming to stall out...hesitate, etc.

Popped the hood, and to my surprise I found a Black DI cassette! I drive a 2.0 1995 Turbo SE.

So I walked back, little more than ticked off. At first they were going to put in another DI that looked like it had seen a war and had writing in black marker on the bottom that said '#4 misfires, dead cassette'. Luckily I noticed before it was put in. Anyways, they grabbed another when I was fuming, and put it in. Usually very good experience at this shop. Need to know if this could cause ANY problems in the future.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would not think so.

A lack of professionalism hurts many shops, they are trying to save you money, but this backfiring..
Hope you have Triple A, but I have doubts that this really saves money..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.