SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my saab finially let me down for the first time, 200 dollars for a tow and a new idler pully, and a sredded drive belt it sucked LOL but now all is well

·
Registered
61 Posts
Every once in a blue moon I think i'm in the wrong area of this message board. Granted, the Canadian is flowing....

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Apparently The Swede is driving a 2000 9-3. Maybe the idler pulley / belts are set up differently on that car. :confused: I don't know, but I get that same confused feeling without the help of Canadian. Actually, some of your Canadian would help aleviate the confusion. :cool:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Steve Corgan said:
Apparently The Swede is driving a 2000 9-3. Maybe the idler pulley / belts are set up differently on that car. :confused: I don't know, but I get that same confused feeling without the help of Canadian. Actually, some of your Canadian would help aleviate the confusion. :cool:

eh?

Anyways. I guess the correct reponse would be something along the lines of. Some of your American can help this somehow???:confused: :lol:

I see he drives a 9-3 now, ooops.:suprised;

-No really, I don't understand what you were trying to say!

I think the correct response would be courtesy of Jezzadee:

The model known as the Classic 900 ran from 1979 to 1993 (1994 for convertibles). If your 900 was built after that date then it is an NG900 (or GM900) and you need the NG900 & 9-3 Workshop .

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Candian Club

saab8689 said:
Every once in a blue moon I think i'm in the wrong area of this message board. Granted, the Canadian is flowing....
That wonderful C.C. from Canucklandia. :cool:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I wish that time and distance were such that we could enjoy a few together while we swapped Saab stores! :D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
TheSwede221 said:
Well my saab finially let me down for the first time, 200 dollars for a tow and a new idler pully, and a sredded drive belt it sucked LOL but now all is well
i bet if you had looked at it anytime in the last year, it would have been fairly clear that a replacement would be a safe bet...

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
You know my house is pretty much in the middle of everyone. And I have a bar with taps in my basement. Crazy Canucks Unite!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
jetman said:
You know my house is pretty much in the middle of everyone. And I have a bar with taps in my basement. Crazy Canucks Unite!
Hey, don't leave us Crazy Gringos out. Nothing like some good JD from ol Kentuck to warm a Cunuck. :lol:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
jetman said:
JD ain't bad. I also have a preference towards Wild Turkey. :D
I can see you're a man who shares my taste in the basic pleasures of life.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Steve Corgan said:
I can see you're a man who shares my taste in the basic pleasures of life.
And cavalier attitude towards my liver!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Idler pullys do tend to have a limited lifespan, I'd replace it sooner than 8 years in the future, they are a pretty cheap part and can be replace easily, and as you've seen, when they go out your day is pretty well ruined. Also, an inspection of the belt and pully area will usually turn up any suspect pullys that might need replacement in the early future.

I'll move this over to the appropriate workshop for ya Swede, ignore the fellows, they ramble on like this sometimes, its kind of like sitting on a nursing home porch in the summer. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts