SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Saab 9-3 hatch back with only 56000 miles. Recently while on a drive of 30 miles away from home I noticed the oil can light started flickering at low idle. Car runs fine but I have read the horror stories about engine failure and I am not interested in spending much money on a 12 year old car. Other than this problem the car is in good shape.

My question is this: what is the value of my Saab as is with questions and would anyone likely buy a car with these symptoms. I was thinking around 2600.00 as is. Does this seem like a price someone would pay.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go have it checked out. That way if it's an easy fix, you can take care of it and if it's not, you'll be able to build that into the price.

Note that I had a similar issue (intermittent lighting of the oil pressure warning light on light rev of engine) with my 2003 9-5 arc with the v6 engine and all it turned out to be was a bad sensor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Viggen with a b234r swap was doing that..,turns out not just I was tiny bit low on oil,since I drive her hard I needed a thicker oil..,and that fixed the problem..,so even if you check the oil it seems okay,change the oil and don't just go by the dip stick,I can't remember how many quarts right now,but research that and again my dipstick.,said I needed no oil when I did..,and make sure oil is not too thin specially in the summer. Either way GLWS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts