SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was going to replace my front o2 sensor but they are either hard to find, or if I do find one, they are like $50 MORE than the rear.

The only difference that I can see is the rear seems to have longer wires. So in theory it would fit the front right....it would just have a little extra slack? Is there any other difference in the front and rear sensors besides the wire length?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Quick update: I am happy to report that the Bosch 16682 upstream (front) O2 sensor is a perfect fit. The electrical connector is a 100% perfect OEM fit and the insulated portion slides up easily to allow you to slip an O2 socket over the wire. This is not what I would call a cheap part at almost $80, but it is still a savings of $50 over the upstream one for sale on eEuroparts.com.

It seems to have resolved an issue where my car smelled like eggs during and after spirited driving. Took 'er for a spirited drive tonight and no egg smell!

Here's a couple pics of the OLD sensor and then a pic of the new one with the silver insulation visible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts