SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, some of you may or may not have read a reply I put on ScreamingGreen97's post - Hey, new here and I got MBC thread. I fianlly got my bits on now.

FORGE twin piston dump valve
Auto gauge 2 BAR boost gauge, A pillar mounted
HKS turbo timer
HKS EVC-IV (Electronic Valve Controller) << Programmable Elec. boost cont.
HKS Green Mushroom filter

OK, when I was setting up the EVC, I set the max boost before warning beep at 1.15 BAR, but turned it down to 1.10 BAR to drive with for safety. Now, from the conversion graph in the EVC set-up site, 1.10 BAR - 15.95 PSI, and 1.15 BAR - 16.68 PSI. Someone one here has got 18 PSI on their car I think. Anyone else recommend how far I can go without breaking anything. My car is an auto btw. I promise I'll take some pics of under the bonnet for you all to peruse later.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i wud love to run that high of boost,,,i want to know how much boost i can run w/out ruining internals also...mine is a 97 cs lpt...im at .5 bar right now

·
Registered
640 Posts
you can run till you hit the fuel cut out. I usually have from 1.1-1.2bar on mine. cut out was at 1.3 or 1.25 or something like that, but you have to adjust the electronic unit accordingly to the weather outside.

·
Banned
637 Posts
First thing: yer Car is an AUTO... OEM those things were boost limited cuz the Torque Pops the transbox.. Period.
5 spds can and do tolerate 25 psi.. don't even dream about it with the ZF Autobox effort.
Parts are no longer made and they were pricey when still in production.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok SEMYHR, so 1.1 BAR should be fine then for me right? The gearbox will be able to take the slight increase without breaking? Is there anyone else here with a 2.3 auto who's turned up the boost??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i have an auto too...how much can my tranny/gearbox hold?

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
saab limit the boost on the 2.3 t auto to about .8 bar and 300nm torque this would be a conservative setting to make sure the thing doesnt blow up, i guess you could probably run 1.1-1.2 bar with out any prob's bearing in mind that the tranny has a boost valve in it to increase the hydrolic pressure as the boost rises

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Auto boxes have a ' boost valve ' in them? Is that for extra oil pressure when the power comes through or what? Well, I've jus got mine at 1.1 BAR to keep things nice and safe. But it feel like all I could wish for at the mo. I havn't had a chance to take her out again since figuring out the EVC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts