SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas what I would need to do to be able to hook my phone up, make phone calls and play music, and also be able to use the steering wheel buttons for phone functions? I keep reading about a phone wiring harness you need but I've seen where the onstar module already (?) uses it for something, so could I just disconnect that and use it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Search the forums for parrot and Tel 1, there's a bunch of old threads. You are aware the old analog Onstar doesn't work right?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
look up the parrot mki thread... and your onstar won't work. it isn't even worth making it work

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Search the forums for parrot and Tel 1, there's a bunch of old threads. You are aware the old analog Onstar doesn't work right?
look up the parrot mki thread... and your onstar won't work. it isn't even worth making it work
I'm aware that onstar doesn't work, but how do I go about disconnecting it, removing it from my car, and then what type of harnass would I need to wire in a parrot device?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Read through thishttp://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72327&highlight=motorola+ihf1000 for the bluetooth install. I've installed the Motorola system in one of mine and the Parrot system in the other, the process on both are fairly comparable. I think the Motorola system was easier to install, and marginally more functional than the Parrot. You'll want a decent multimeter and good 6-pack.

FYI, the phone buttons on your steering wheel will never work.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a motorola bluetooth thats installed where the onstar and emergency buttons would normally go, its on my 04 linear, has mic on the A pillar. but ive never tried to use it yet lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thanks guys! But one more question, since I have a car with onstar, does it come with the phone pre-wire connector mentioned in step 4? If it doesn't, what do I plug the phone wiring harness into?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
When I did have my parrot installed, I always got a ton of interference noise... so if you want bluetooth I suggest getting a good headset. You can buy a jawbone on ebay for a really great price

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
When I did have my parrot installed, I always got a ton of interference noise... so if you want bluetooth I suggest getting a good headset. You can buy a jawbone on ebay for a really great price
Which model did you have? I found that the mic supplied with the Parrot kit was crap, with user sounding muffled and picking up a lot of road noise. I wired in the factory mic, fixing all the extraneous noises.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Which model did you have? I found that the mic supplied with the Parrot kit was crap, with user sounding muffled and picking up a lot of road noise. I wired in the factory mic, fixing all the extraneous noises.
mki9100, but it wasn't the mic that was the problem, it was the sound output of the people on the phone.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
In the US, at least, no external phone connectivity was offered. I just use a Motorola 505 clipped to my visor.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
reviving and old thread...

I did some reading through this thread and wondering if anyone has recently installed bluetooth? I just got an 03 9-3 Arc, with onstar. I read previously that it is not recommended to install bluetooth w/ onstar...but still people have done it (I'm assuming the device from genuine saab - onstar delete - made it work).

Anyways, I did an ebay search for the IHF1000 and this was the second result. It seems like a newer version. Motorola 89358N. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-89...ccessories&hash=item5d34cc24e2#ht_2287wt_1030

I am just curious who has recently done this with perhaps some newer equipment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts