SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's new wheels came and I spent 1 hour installing them tonight in 37F weather! brr..

But here they are!

17" Sport Edition w/anthracite with Michelin Exalto A/S.

We did a test drive afterwards.

They ride great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
They're Michelin Exalto A/S. (I happen to be the wife, btw) ;)

I was debating on whether or not I wanted to get winter tires for the OEM wheels and get these rims with summer tires, but I decided that one car with two sets of rims (read: his car) is enough. These A/S had some rave reviews and very good perfomance scores over at Tire Rack.

So....Know anyone who wants a set of OEM 16" wheels? :cheesy: New England area?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Wow, a white 9-5. :cool: Don't think we got 'em in white in the UK.
And a sun / moon roof :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is a great looking wheel and tire package on your car, good choice! I personally would love to have my wagon in white like your car but alas.... I got what I got. :( :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
PaulGinAZ said:
That is a great looking wheel and tire package on your car, good choice! I personally would love to have my wagon in white like your car but alas.... I got what I got. :( :p
Well, there are quite a few around here, if you're willing to trek across the country... ;)

I even drove by my identical car-twin this summer. That was a surreal experience. :eek:

Chris 9-5 said:
And a sun / moon roof :eek:
Yes, it's huge and quite lovely.:cool:

However, look on the bright side, there's lots of cars you have in the UK we don't have here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your ride looks good in white...I usually don't like white at all.:nono;
But for some reason it looks really good....now I have a Cayenne Red...I bought my car as a winter car...I need to start loving this color...it's slowly growing on me...I would have preferred a steel grey...but I have what I have...I can't wait to clay bar, polish and wax it...:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Which wheels?

I did some searching, but did not find the wheels you just put on.

How much did you pay and where did you get them?

I've got these on my 04' Aero http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/0wcc301.JPG

I just the car a few months ago from a Saab dealer off of a lease and replaced the tires. I found out two of the wheels had dents in them and would like to replace them. The guy/girl before me must have hit a pothole/curb/?.

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, a white 9-5. :cool: Don't think we got 'em in white in the UK.

Wiltshire police have at least one for driver training vehicle.
I know cos it went past me doing about 130 last week
(I was not in my car, don't know if that was a good or bad thing though:confused: )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ivoneh said:
I did some searching, but did not find the wheels you just put on.

How much did you pay and where did you get them?

I've got these on my 04' Aero http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/0wcc301.JPG

I just the car a few months ago from a Saab dealer off of a lease and replaced the tires. I found out two of the wheels had dents in them and would like to replace them. The guy/girl before me must have hit a pothole/curb/?.

Thanks,

Ian
Sounds like your car's rims recieved similar abuse to my wife's from it's previous owner. Hers were scratched.:x

We got the rims from TireRack.com. They're the Sport edition E3s, machined with anthracite accent (they have painted silver ones in the same style, too). They were really well priced too- $106 each. :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Pretty good price on those. I really like these too:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=CA707401105S&wheelMake=Borbet&wheelModel=Type+CA&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Saab&autoModel=9-5+Aero+Sedan&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Although, I would like to see someone on this forum have them on a car with pictures posted, anyone?

My wife mainly drives the car and she can't stand the slight vibration/shake with the dented wheels. Hardly noticable, but it may be time for some new wheels. Not really a bad thing.

Ian

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the original rims, as they looked on the car:

And here's what they look like in our basement:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts