SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
The US Aero will have a Six-speed AUTOMATIC transmission?
Yup, yup ... remember reading that with the engine the options were 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto. Hopefully the auto wont be the ~only~ choice for the US market, but just an option.

I just did some looking/thinking that may make the quoted accelleration numbers a bit more respectable ... The numbers are for 0-62 (emphasized for the sake of my fellow Americans who like to say the 6.9 is for 0-60) using a 6-speed automatic. For the current Linear (sorry ... had trouble getting to the Aero numbers), there is a difference of 1.2 seconds for 0-62 between the 5-speed manual (faster) & the 5-speed auto (slower). 1.2 seconds ... and with a 5 speed that may actually shift one time less than the 6-speed auto.

So anyway, the point ... quoted time is for 0-62mph (100kph) for an auto (more drivetrain loss) with 6 forward gears(extra shift??) It ~could~ very well be that with a manual version and decent launching/driving skills, this car could reach 100kph in low (or even sub) 6's. Of course, this is conjecture at this point, but I think we can see the possibility given the difference in times from previous models equipped with manual vs auto.

Just a lil something for the naysayers and doubters to chew on ... ;)

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Oops ;oops: ... misread that ;oops:

But, yeah, Ken ... I think a LSD would defintely help ... then turn off the ESP and launch away. Let's all start pestering Quaife now to build us one :cheesy:

By the way ... sent a preliminary inquiry to Hirsch to see if they had plans for tuning this engine. Reply follows:
Thank you for the inquiry. We will launch the V6 upgrade beginning 2006 (step1). Power and torque values aren't available yet. The step1 upgrade takes around 1 hour.

Herzliche Grüsse / Best regards

Hirsch AG / Hirsch Performance

René Hirsch

· Registered
1,170 Posts
SaabKen said:
Cool !

Now if only I were in the position to buy the new V6T Aero :cry:
My "grand plan" is to stick with my current Launch Linear for another 2 or 3 years ... see what happens with development of the V6 & possible AWD ... save up some dough ... take European delivery ... and go straight to Hirsch, Maptun, or Nordic (depending on who is doing what then) and have them work their magic. :cheesy:

We'll see how it all works out, but I sure am looking forward to making it happen.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Vector-SS said:
I have also realized that in MOST cases company time figures such as 0-62 are usually always slower then what is later on claimed by test magazines such as road and track and car and driver...
I've read that exact thing here from some looong time Saab guys ... that Saab's "Official" figures are pretty much always understated ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.