SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have been interested recently in wood dash trim kits around the areas that are not covered in our cars. I dont know if I can post links here, but the State of Nine site has some really nice kits and it covers all the right places.

I was wondering if any of you have these installed and have pictures?? I want to see what the setup looks like, especially the stereo area.

Fima

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey,

I installed one of State of Nine's kits. I got a custom kit with both aluminum and walnut to match my original dash. I think the picture's actually up on the state of nine site but here's a link on the SC PHP gallery:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ya, The shift knob and the pedals are both Momo. You can get them all over the place. It's pretty much universal. Even with a not lift-reverse knob you can get the lift function to work.
With the pedals, you just have to make sure that they are big enough to cover the original pedal plates.

Joe

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maverickvii said:
Hey,

I installed one of State of Nine's kits. I got a custom kit with both aluminum and walnut to match my original dash. I think the picture's actually up on the state of nine site but here's a link on the SC PHP gallery:

Joe

Thanks Joe for posting that picture!
Is the kit a thin sticker or a real thick material with a sticky back? I am just curious if it will peel off at the edges :confused:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe,
I just realized they used your picture on the State of Nice website....
just out of sheer curiousity, what in the world is that silver thing that looks like a little tv doing on top of the driver's side of the dashboard????

is it a tv? :eek:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I,ve got the wood dash in at the moment, I bought it to replace the boring and cheap looking standard greyish plastic one. Only problem is now I like the look of the carbon better.

I have seen carbon stick on ones up on e bay recently for not too much expense.
Plan is to stick the carbon to the standard dash then sell the wood.

Do you think this will look origional or just cheap. I haven't seen them before but they seem to be made fro the 9-5?

Does carbon go with tan leather?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Joe,
I just realized they used your picture on the State of Nice website....
just out of sheer curiousity, what in the world is that silver thing that looks like a little tv doing on top of the driver's side of the dashboard????

is it a tv? :eek:

The silver things is my GPS. It's a Garmin Street Pilot 330 and is wired through the dash right into the fuse box.
Definitely a recommended purchase if anyone's looking at non-in dash systems.
Joe

·
Registered
596 Posts
Do you think this will look origional or just cheap. I haven't seen them before but they seem to be made fro the 9-5?
I had the Saab OEM carbon fiber dash factory fitted to my 2K Aero. I like the look of it better than anything else out there.

HOWEVER #1- I have noticed that after 5yrs there is some evidence of some "internal flaking" (that is really quite hard to describe) - it is not at the "this looks like s**t stage yet", but is noticable and will probably progress to the aformentioned stage as the years go by.

HOWEVER #2 - when it gets to the stage above, I will replace it with another CF insert - I just happen to love the look.

Does carbon go with tan leather?
I have the grey ventilated leather - but I would think it would look good with tan also!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maverickvii said:
The silver things is my GPS. It's a Garmin Street Pilot 330 and is wired through the dash right into the fuse box.
Definitely a recommended purchase if anyone's looking at non-in dash systems.
Joe
Cool :cheesy:

a1damuk said:
Plan is to stick the carbon to the standard dash then sell the wood.
When you say sell the wood, do you mean the additional wood dash kit that sells online (not the one piece of wood dash that comes with the car).
If so, I would be very interested in buying it if the price is right :D
($200 bucks new on state of nine is really expensive for me right now :roll: )

·
Registered
290 Posts
Its the saab wooden dash complete with ash tray and gear lever surround. Dont know what the postage would be like? Would be looking for £100.00 + Postage!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Gents, yet again I need to remind you that according to the T&C's we all signed up to, we are not allowed to trade parts on the public forums, you can use the classifieds which are free or communicate via PM, please dont turn this interesting thread into a trading post.

Thanks for your assistance.

Chris

1 - 20 of 40 Posts