7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends and strangers,
Here are the Facts:
2004 9-3 2.0t
Battery - Tested: Good, New
Starter - Tested: Good
Alternator - Tested: Good
Fuses - All Good (Engine bay 2x, Driver's Side, Trunk)
Miles: Unknown
Previous issues: Unknow

Description of Problem: The car will not crank, the starter will not start. Relays can be heard. Lights, CEL, and Other indicators come on
Other Details: The SAAB Information Display is completely shot - no information displayed.
Miscellaneous: No codes using Bosch OBDII 1150

My mom bought this car and it was starting and running. The day after the sale, it will not start. It will not turn over. I've removed the starter and alternator and had them checked at a local auto parts store. They are reinstalled. I've checked the wiring through out the engine bay however I could be missing something. I'm reaching out because, although reading other forum posts has been helpful generating ideas, I'd like to get replies related to my problem and engage with helpful people.

Thank You in advance.

Respectfully,
AcelKilder

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

found this searching the forum. Will focus on these components while I await a reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Do you have another fob?
If yes, try with it.
If no, you ned TECH2, generic OBD reader will not help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply, Mimmi.

My reply: No other FOB, and the one that came with the car is pretty messed up. The buttons for unlocking and locking the doors and trunk do not work.
My take away: If I want to read the computer & If the key I have doesn't work THEN I will not be able to read my codes with a generic code reader.

- Acel

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Generic reader will not read IMMO codes etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you again, Mimmi.

I won't depend on my Bosch OBDII 1150 to read codes and I've started calling local locksmiths to get prices on replacing and programming the key.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Stop. Locksmiths can not help you. I think that I am only locksmith that can help you, because I have new CIM, new fob and TECH2 with security access.
You NEED new CIM.
You can use old CIM with paired fob or brand new CIM and brand new fob.
Anyway, you NEED TECH2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see Mimmi,
Continued Thanks. I was a bit zealous to immediately take your suggestion and run with my own ideas of how to make it work. I honestly don't know what I am doing, I just know I'm trying to start the car - the engine is working and the problems I having seem to be more of an electrical/security type.

I am out working today and I have pulled the starter relay and used a jumper wire to get the motor to turn over - still no start. After this a new issue arrived: the instrument cluster in the dash behind the steering wheel is not lit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stop. Locksmiths can not help you. I think that I am only locksmith that can help you, because I have new CIM, new fob and TECH2 with security access.
You NEED new CIM.
You can use old CIM with paired fob or brand new CIM and brand new fob.
Anyway, you NEED TECH2.
I also found this on youtube:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE:
I've managed to crank the motor by removing the starter relay and using a jump wire to the positive terminal.
New Issue: Instrument Panel has gone blank, and the car still doesn't start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The one time that I had all the clicking but no action (no engine turning over/starting) was when the cam shaft positioning sensor had failed. You seem to have much more going on though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts