SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok firstly the car wouldnt start and i got a display message "Immobilise failure or something like that", called out breakdown assistance, when he arrived i had already disconnected the battery so he reconnected and it started. Left to idle and turned it off and restarted with no problems. So i left it to idle for 15 mins to give batt a recharge and then turned the car off, tried to start it again and its just cranking over, no error message displayed. It sounds like no fuel at all is getting to the engine.

It was a little difficult to start his morning also.

I was thinking maybe fuel filter clogged?

Or the evil fuel pump, can i bypass the relay at board to see if i can hear it run?

Help need asap, on dialysis and need transport.

Thanks v much:p

Come to think of it, it only started with his jumper kit cables attached, would this be significant, could poor batt cause no start?

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Sounds like the battery to me....

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
i bet it is the battery, the first error sounds like one that would go off with a bad battery ;ol;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was cranking but not firing.... if the battery was shot it wouldn't crank....
Could it be crank postion sensor, would it turn over with this been faulty and cut off fuel pump or not turn over at all. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts