SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uuugghhhh. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Battery good 12.5. When you turn the key all interior lights dim but no start. I checked all fuzes and took cowel off and opened the relay box under drivers side When you turn the key you can hear the relays click. I swapped the starter relay with the fuel pump relay. No change. I am at a loss. Please help. That was my back up car. And my current drivers tranny is almost gone. Thanks again

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
You could spray large amounts of WD-40 down the slot in the ignition switch. It displaces water.

I would also disconnect the battery, open all the doors and windows, and let it sit open for Friday and Saturday. It's supposed to be relatively warm and dry in your area. It will let it all dry out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all.. Neutral switch. Was the issue

Thanks for all your quick replys. Am going to continue the drying process over the weekend. Took the suggestion of trying neutral after moving the shifter all the way up and down a couple of times and she started. Let her run for a little. Shut her down , disconnected the battery and let her spend a day in the sun. My car has a better life than me. Swedish B&$;h

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
If you can put a large electric box fan in one door and let it blow out the other side for a few hours during the hot part of the day that would help dry it out quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts