SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Last week I replaced my clutch cable. Now I'm having a hard time to get it into reverse. I'm having a hard time adjusting the cable. (its not very loose) you think I might have problems elsewhere. I know you have to have the car in reverse to get the key out maybe it's something electrical?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Normally, the two are not related (clutch cable and shift linkage). Reverse is a weak spot on a lot of cars. Do you mean the transmission will not go into reverse with engine on, engine off, or both?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clarifying question, because I'm thinking I have the same problem and would love to know how to fix it. When you were trying to shift into reverse, would the Reverse release pull up and the shift lever pull all the way over, almost to the point where it was in gear (even as far as the reverse lights coming on) and then simply not slot into gear? My troubleshooting technique for this has been simply to shift to neutral, clutch out, then clutch in, throw it into first, then try reverse again. Usually this gets it on the first try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts