SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9000 CD player wont accept cd's anymore. Its the 9000 audio system, it was playing a cd Deep Purple Machine Head no less! then there was a sound like a crack or pop and the cd ejected. Now when i try and put in a cd it thinks about it then spits it out everytime. Does anyone know if this is fixable or should i just buy another?....Cheers:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Apart from trying to clean the CD players head first, then I'm afraid it's to the shop with it or buy new [time to go mp3 I guess] my missus will be amused when she reads it was Deep Purple that made the unit sick [in her car if it ain't Ozzy or Rainbow it may be deep purple]

Do you have an OEM cd player? with the seperate radio cassette? if so this system comes with an offboard amplifier under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Sounds like a great time to get a nice CD/MP3 aftermarket unit.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah tried to a cd cleaner but no joy, it is the OEM cd system i've been advised that i cant put in another head unit because of the amplifier set up is this true?

ragtopcav said:
Apart from trying to clean the CD players head first, then I'm afraid it's to the shop with it or buy new [time to go mp3 I guess] my missus will be amused when she reads it was Deep Purple that made the unit sick [in her car if it ain't Ozzy or Rainbow it may be deep purple]

Do you have an OEM cd player? with the seperate radio cassette? if so this system comes with an offboard amplifier under the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Fach said:
Yeah tried to a cd cleaner but no joy, it is the OEM cd system i've been advised that i cant put in another head unit because of the amplifier set up is this true?
You've got to at least disconnect the amplifier, it does not utilise Phono plugs so you can't stick in an aftermarket unit with normal line out phono plugs, as i recall it is all on DIN plugs and you simply link out the amplifier and disconnect its power supply - no point lifting out the drivers seat to completely remove. One option that I cannot confirm, a D Bus compatible Clarion CD changer [you install under another seat or in the boot] is compatible so all is not lost... if you lose a headunit and have a DIN space in the dash there are gap fillers available, little oddments trays or a cup and coin holder [watch ebay for that]

Or plan B?

This is what I've done...

The RDS radio cassette is a Blaupunkt unit as is the 5 slot multi changer, you can get the changer for £100 if you shop around; use any modern Blaupunkt headunit to run it, whether a cassette [like that] or a DAB reciever, MP3 player [from disc and MMC card] or even a navigation head unit; lots of options and it keeps the 9000 'look' sadly the amp is out of the question but...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts