SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this website, I just got my 05 9-3SS in February. No problems except for the peeling paint that everyone seems to have experienced, except for this:

I went to a carwash the other day and the guy handed me one of those single-use dash wipes, and I cleaned the black part of the dash. Right over where the passenger front airbag is i must rubbed a little too hard, and now the grain actually rubbed off. I thought it was some kind of tacky stuff on there so i rubbed vertically and I have rub marks that way too. Is there any way to fix this without getting a whole new dash, it looks terrible, what am I to do???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my dash, the mark was on the main part of the dash above the passenger airbag.

The finish on the plastic has gone and left an inch mark on the dash - i had what i thought was a dirty mark and when i cleaned it it just got worse and worse. Not happy, saab dealer said that i must of scuffed it and did nothing.

I will admit i made the problem worse by cleaning it ( with water and a cloth, it wasnt as bad untill i wiped it) :confused: ?!?!? but i cant belive how fragile the trim on the car seems to be, im scared to clean anything in the car now.

not happy:cry:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Not much help, but the new static dusters (Swiffer in the UK, amongst others) are superb for cleaning the car interior - avoids any such damage and gets dust out of the really tricky places to reach (eg base of the windscreen).

Sorry to hear about your dash..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also damage my dash in the same manner by wiping too hard with a wet cloth to remove a pen mark. However, I just stumbled upon something that seems to restore the damaged area (or perhaps, the damaged area is now just hidden). Go buy a container of Armor All Cleaning Wipes (http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/cleaningwipes_2.9.html). These wipes really clean the dash well and shine things up. After using the wipes, I can no longer see the damaged area. The former damaged area just looks clean and shiny as in the remaining part of the dash. Try it...it worked for me.

Please remember that these wipes are not the same as the Armor All Protectant Wipes (http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/wipes_2.1.html). These protectant wipes actually contain the Armor All protectant solution. I know that some do not like to use the Armor All protectant solution because you are supposedly forced to continue to use the product or your dash will begin to dry out and crack (Though, I actually have never seen such a cracked dash). Anyway, the cleaning wipes just contain a cleaning solution with no Armor All protectant. I hope I haven't confused you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts