SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 02 9 5 is running very well as far as i can tell. But i was reasing through these threads and is there any way to tell if the engine has sludge in it?

what can i do to prevent any from getting in there (aside from regualr oil changes)
Is there a dealer service that would take some of this risk away from it occuring ?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Only way to find out for sure is dropping the pan. Best prevention is regular oil changes and keeping the PCV pipes in tip top condition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pipes are all flexable to some extent some more than others but nothing cracked or anything when i drained my oil (form over filling it) it came out pretty clean would somehting of come out when i drained it (only drained about a quart)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If you can press the walls of the pipes together they need replacing. Its the screen getting blocked that causes the oil starvation, the oil will still run out of the pan due to gravity whether the screen is blocked or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
wait a sec.... i was just reading and i wasn't feeling the PCV pipe anyone have a picture of one? ;oops:

I was feeling some other hose i guess it was like 3" or so in diameter... :confused: what a doof

1 - 8 of 8 Posts