SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is there anything I should do before bolting it all back together? I'm going to undo the main ground, clean it up and paint it. Is there anything else I can do, ie clean up and lube the fan bearings or anything like that? The front motor mount looks to be a replacement so no need to change that. Any pita jobs that are easier done now? Always looking to make lemonade! :)

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
undo and grease all the bolts etc for the oil cooler/ and protector fitment, as when everythings back in place if they are tight/rusted they are a PIB

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like there's a very small crack forming in the little tributary line that comes off the lower radiator hose and runs to the piping to cool the turbo. Guess that lower hose is due for a change...looks like a royal pain in the arze to get at the water pump end of it.

sigh

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Looks like there's a very small crack forming in the little tributary line that comes off the lower radiator hose and runs to the piping to cool the turbo. Guess that lower hose is due for a change...looks like a royal pain in the arze to get at the water pump end of it.

sigh
It's easy to get to after you remove the A/C; the heater hoses, and the alternator--you know how I feel about the alternator... :cheesy:

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful.

A good source for that hose would be helpful. None of my local chain stores can get the lower hose for turbo. I ordered one from eeuro over a month ago--still backordered... Mine feels fine but it says "SAAB 1991" on it. I can't imagine it's the original hose but...

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oof. That was painful. $60 for the hose and a couple new clamps...I thought about just stubbing the turbo coolant line with a cut and some pipe but with the hose looking like the original to the car I don't ever want to go through a lower hose change with the front end back together. It's going to be a major pita as it is.

Banman, the hose is available through thesaabsite for about $40 or so delivered if you just want one for the shelf. If you are in more of a hurry, CarQuest can get one on in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Oof. That was painful. $60 for the hose and a couple new clamps...I thought about just stubbing the turbo coolant line with a cut and some pipe but with the hose looking like the original to the car I don't ever want to go through a lower hose change with the front end back together. It's going to be a major pita as it is.

Banman, the hose is available through thesaabsite for about $40 or so delivered if you just want one for the shelf. If you are in more of a hurry, CarQuest can get one on in a few hours.
Weird, CarQuest up here said they couldn't get it... they've been great about other parts.
eeuro claims it will ship this week. No crisis here, I just wanted to change all the old hoses at once so I've been waiting for that one to come in...

It does indeed look like it will be harder than it ought to be...
Glad your car's getting back together!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is weird. CarQuest bought WorldPac about a year ago...they should never tell you they can't get something because they can get anything as long as someone makes it. But these McParts stores have such a variance from location to location and it's all dependent on the counter help.

The CQ by me is staffed by a bunch of older guys...guys who still remember how to tune a carburetor :cool: They love to dig in and research until they find the part.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
That is weird. CarQuest bought WorldPac about a year ago...they should never tell you they can't get something because they can get anything as long as someone makes it. But these McParts stores have such a variance from location to location and it's all dependent on the counter help.

The CQ by me is staffed by a bunch of older guys...guys who still remember how to tune a carburetor :cool: They love to dig in and research until they find the part.
I've actually found the CQ folks in Ft. Collins to be pretty good (better than Oreilly, autozone, etc). The Boulder warehouse (they tell me) stocks a lot of saab parts and is where Ft. Collins is supplied from first. Mistakes happen.
It could/would be helpful to post the CQ part # if you have it.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It could/would be helpful to post the CQ part # if you have it.
Part# for the lower radiator hose, turbo style: WPC G200025423APA

$54.61 is the cost

;ol;

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
and mine arrived from eeuro this afternoon!
It's made by URO. I'm not happy with the quality control. It has a small gap in the vulanizing over the bung for the turbo line where it comes into the main hose. I'm sure it's fine now but will it effect how long it lasts...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts