SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I ran a search for transmission mount and mount in the WIS and nothing came up. Anyone have any idea as to why? Did the saab people call it something else? I also looked up motor mount and nothing.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Try locating the part in a Saab parts online supplier and search on that, or download the EPC and see what Saab actually named the parts and search on that.

The transmission mount (driver side LHD) is the easiest mount to change with a minimum of tools... Ron

·
Registered
556 Posts
And if you do replace all three, make sure the rear one is the last one you tighten down.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the reply guys, I forgot I had a copy of the EPC. I think I am just going to change the Transmission mount for now unless I notice the other mounts causing a problem as well. The car is thunking pretty hard now with the trans mount looking like the cause.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Hi everyone,

I ran a search for transmission mount and mount in the WIS and nothing came up. Anyone have any idea as to why? Did the saab people call it something else? I also looked up motor mount and nothing.
If you search on "mount" as a document you should get about a dozen references. You could also try "engine mountings"

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks BobSaabit, I found it manually in the EPC under engine. Strange as heck that running a search for "engine mounting" doesn't actually return anything. Something must be funky with the built in search.

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
Thanks BobSaabit, I found it manually in the EPC under engine. Strange as heck that running a search for "engine mounting" doesn't actually return anything. Something must be funky with the built in search.
The EPC and the WIS are two of the worst pieces of software I've ever used. The search is particularly lame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts