SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of different versions of the WIS on eBay. How does a person know if they're getting the real thing?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If its on fleabay its a pirate ;)

That doesnt mean it wont work, but it does mean we certainly cant condone buying it................

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
If its on fleabay its a pirate ;)
Breach of copyright and all that.

I have a genuine article for my 900's also it is not for sale! I did buy it from ebay though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would buy a legit copy if you want one (or download one via bittorrent, which is the same as buying a pirated copy except free:)) Which is also :nono;:nono;:nono; and breaching copyright (but that is how i got mine though :D)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ragtopcav said:
I have a genuine article for my 900's also it is not for sale! I did buy it from ebay though.
Does the stamp on yours look like this?

Also, how do you know yours is "genuine"?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No offence but... are you a spammer? Your post reads like a commercial. Also, if you had looked, I don't have a 9-3 or 9-5. :roll::confused: Peddle your wares elsewhere!

P.S. If buying this software was, "Best purchase I have made in my Life." You really need to get out more. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
nocluetim said:
Also, how do you know yours is "genuine"?
It came with rather fingered set of instructions and an activation code, looks nothing like that, the packaging is dark blue.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
nocluetim said:
Like this one?

Yes, like that but mine is a couple of issues younger. I had to rack my brain as whether there was an activation code or not and now I am not sure [I've had mine for 4 years or so now].

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
bntroberts said:
I've been thinking about getting this--won't talk about how.

But...will this work on the Mac OS?
It was designed for PC clones [windows] can Mac be configured to run such software?

·
Registered
167 Posts
To run it on a Mac, you either need a new enough mac with the intel processor so you can load windows. If your mac is older, you need to use software called Virtual PC, which also lets you load and run windows inside your Mac operating system. It will not run on Mac OS9 or OSX alone.... at least not without some serious modifications that are way beyond my abilities.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts