SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-326985.html

So, I've received my copy.

It comes from LA, CA, US with only as a self burned DVD with "2011 Saab" written with pen.

It is the WiS & EPC repacked for VirtualBox in an .oca file, which in turn has to be installed correctly for your machine. My install on OSX Mavericks does not run, so far. The virtual XP machine first hanged due to issues with USB ports, after they were deactivated, the XP boot hangs. So, still no working WiS...

Have asked seller for more info.

Will post follow up when I have it...

This from the seller info:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8
MAC
LINUX

·
Registered
274 Posts
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-326985.html

So, I've received my copy.

It comes from LA, CA, US with only as a self burned DVD with "2011 Saab" written with pen.

It is the WiS & EPC repacked for VirtualBox in an .oca file, which in turn has to be installed correctly for your machine. My install on OSX Mavericks does not run, so far. The virtual XP machine first hanged due to issues with USB ports, after they were deactivated, the XP boot hangs. So, still no working WiS...

Have asked seller for more info.

Will post follow up when I have it...

This from the seller info:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8
MAC
LINUX
I don't think you set it up right. Download the newest virtual box from their website. Its free. Attached picture it works on my MAC no problem.Also bough it of flea bay

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VB ova osx

Ok, I'll try out the latest VB manager and the extension pack (for USB etc).
Could be Mavericks...???
I am now in the process of importing the unaltered .ova file.
---
The seller gave no indication how to troubleshoot, but offered a replacement or money back. Can't really complain about that...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, so with the latest version of VB it works fine.
Amazing the amount of information available, but a fairly cumbersome system to work with, at least for me, for now...
But, now I can get started with some of my small projects...
:)

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Ok, so with the latest version of VB it works fine.
Amazing the amount of information available, but a fairly cumbersome system to work with, at least for me, for now...
But, now I can get started with some of my small projects...
:)
Yeah the GUI and the navigation through the parts of WIS take a little getting used to, annd the way they group certain parts with others that wouldn't make sense normally.

Ie: hypothetically for a window motor
1) Body
2) Door
3) Glass
4) Window Motor

Where any normal repair manual you'd go to electric then window motor. Lol!!!
But it's one of the best purchases I've made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts