SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
See attached. Click the drop down :)
OK thanks, I am fully functional WIS and EPC. Where is that third thing GM parts compatibility component, cant find it? It was part of that second download link (msi zipped file) provided that I could not make to work but it is not inside third MSI file.;ol;

·
Registered
7 Posts
VM Ware for WIS & EPC Install

I had a lot of issues with getting it to work on my WIN 10 PC so I installed VM Ware (free on their site) and installed a WIN XP OS on it. Both the WIS and the EPC installed with no issues - works great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but I'm at a loss.

I just upgraded to Windows 10.

I saved the WIS file. It saves to my downloads folder. I click the WIS installer, it installs everything, and it creates a "SAAB" file in my Windows C drive. I go to open the "SAAB" file and it is just a huge composite of zipped files and the like.

Where do I actually access the WIS??

I tried the "troubleshoot compatibility" tip mentioned earlier in this thread, but I never get a wizard that tells me to install any type of patch or anything.

Any ideas? Am i missing something obvious here?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you just unpack the WIS files, or did you actually install WIS? You should have a WIS program available after it's done. At least that's my experience with it. I'm using the windows XP version, so it might not be the same, but to install I needed to run "setupwis.exe" after unpacking the WIS contents. Do a search for that file in the SAAB folder and see what comes up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you just unpack the WIS files, or did you actually install WIS? You should have a WIS program available after it's done. At least that's my experience with it. I'm using the windows XP version, so it might not be the same, but to install I needed to run "setupwis.exe" after unpacking the WIS contents. Do a search for that file in the SAAB folder and see what comes up.
Not sure what you mean by packing or unpacking. I just clicked on WIS installer. It installs and creates a "SAAB" file in my C drive which has 2 subfolders under it: "IsoView 3" and another "Wis" Folder with more subfolders full of XML documents. There is no "setupwis.exe" file i can find.

I have no idea what is going on.......I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Do you see a BIN file? My WIS.exe is in there

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reviving an old thread here...

Got WIS to work on Windows 10 with no issues.

EPC However... thats a different story.

I've uninstalled like others in the thread mentioned and reinstalled, however it keeps hanging up on me as others have mentioned. No luck so far....

Any further fixes? would love to be fully functional on both accounts...

I also want to mention I only have the model selection for 9-3 SS, OG9-3 and both iterations of the 9-5.

What about classic 900, 9000? 9-2x, 9-4x, 9-7x, and 9-4x?

·
Registered
12,347 Posts
When I run it, it comes up with a "Can't Update Registry file." Then, I click OK and it loads fine. Is this what you're seeing or does the PC actually halt? ... Ron

61 - 80 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.