SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 80 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Okay, is it me or WIS?

Trying to help someone with a 2006 9-3. When I choose that vehicle, DTC code tab is not available for any system. And unable to search for DTCs. Looking specifically for why Xenon calibration failed: "front level sensor reading implausible". Unlike 9-5 WIS where I could find DTC codes, their troubleshooting, and also expected level sensor readings, I'm unable to find this information for the 9-3.

And, no DTC for engine or anything. The "P010" tab is always greyed out.

I know the DTC tab works fine for NG900 and 9-5. Haven't tried other model years of 9-3 yet.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Okay, is it me or WIS?

Trying to help someone with a 2006 9-3. When I choose that vehicle, DTC code tab is not available for any system. And unable to search for DTCs. Looking specifically for why Xenon calibration failed: "front level sensor reading implausible". Unlike 9-5 WIS where I could find DTC codes, their troubleshooting, and also expected level sensor readings, I'm unable to find this information for the 9-3.

And, no DTC for engine or anything. The "P010" tab is always greyed out.

I know the DTC tab works fine for NG900 and 9-5. Haven't tried other model years of 9-3 yet.

Yes the 9-3 is T8 not T7 and comprises many more modules.
You have to select the 3 character module code (think its AHL) and carry on from there....pick troubleshooting options and there is much more info.
I'm afraid none of it is very intuitive but all the information is buried in there..unfortunately it was never designed by Saab for mere mortals it seems :)

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Yes the 9-3 is T8 not T7 and comprises many more modules.
You have to select the 3 character module code (think its AHL) and carry on from there....pick troubleshooting options and there is much more info.
I'm afraid none of it is very intuitive but all the information is buried in there..unfortunately it was never designed by Saab for mere mortals it seems :)
The left-hand menu tree only goes as detailed as "Exterior Lighting" or "Headlamp Adjustment". Selecting the latter gets some tabs. Under the gears (Technical Description) I can get pretty detailed information but can't find what the "normal" level sensor values ought to be when viewed on Tech II. (This info was very useful when troubleshooting the level sensor on my 9-5.) Under the wrench (Adjustment/Replacement) there's a very brief description of how to run the calibration. No information what to do when it fails. :confused:

I think it was designed to be used in conjunction with a TechII, i.e. you scan the codes with the TechII and then download them to the WIS rather than the old school way of reading the codes, writing them down and manually inputting them into the WIS.
Yes, there's a tab "Tech 2 Navigator" which is active for 9-3 9440 but is inactive for OG9-5....and every other model I looked at, including 9-4x and 9-5 9650. I guess this setup, and the optical bus, was GM/Saab's great idea on the NG9-3. :roll:

I'll look in the bag of stuff that came with this Tech II. It was property of a proper shop before, so presumably the guy knew how to use it and had all the parts required to service NG9-3 cars (of which there are still quite a few running around here....although if anything the 9-5 is starting to dominate as the older 900/9-3s go to the junkyard and every NG9-3 gets lowered and tuned [and likely broken]).

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
The left-hand menu tree only goes as detailed as "Exterior Lighting" or "Headlamp Adjustment". Selecting the latter gets some tabs. Under the gears (Technical Description) I can get pretty detailed information but can't find what the "normal" level sensor values ought to be when viewed on Tech II. (This info was very useful when troubleshooting the level sensor on my 9-5.) Under the wrench (Adjustment/Replacement) there's a very brief description of how to run the calibration. No information what to do when it fails. :confused:
Ed:

Just to clarify... what Jake was talking about is that you choose Search > Fault Code Search. You then choose a "module" from the drop down menu labeled "ECM" at the top. That selected isn't allowed or required for other Saab models. You can then input the fault code as with the other models and search for relevant documents. Whether that will get you any additional information information on the fault you have I can't say.

As for design, all the Saab software is terrible. Unfortunately there are two kinds of designers: trained (self or formal) who understand how to design software to meet user needs and methods and those who do not. Clearly none of the designers of any Saab software had a clue. Still, it's better than the printed factory repair manuals for most manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

If you go throught the troubleshooting for the error codes additional info becomes available.

eg

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Ah, thanks, I see how it works.

When the folks with the 9-3 contact me with the error codes I can search through them. Although, I also recommended to them (and everyone) to get WIS and EPC for themselves....especially if you have access to a Tech II.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Today my friend added users to my pc. When user is selected he tried to install WIS. WIS installed but ONLY swedish and english. How I can add finnish with it?

Second question: how can I run pc with myself and users or is it possible at all?
If not do I have to shut computer and open it again with user?

EDIT: EPC is trying to install, but warning box tells that I tried to install possibly hazardous and tells: do you want to continue, BUT box has NO continue, only exit button.
These issues are still on.
HELP ME!

·
Registered
498 Posts
These issues are still on.
HELP ME!
the part about the users and you and logging off and on...

basically what happens is it sounds like you need a "User Group" called "Users".

then your "User" (your login on the computer) is added to the "User Group". so then you are a member of the group called "Users".

that way you have permission to whatever the group "Users" has permission to...

i cannot comment on the language issue, i apologize!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Windiws 10 Home

Hi,

Is there any solution for Windows 10 Home Edition users?

Windows 10 Home Edition doesn't have the ability to create a user group

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,178 Posts
I installed it on Windows 10 Home Edition and had no issue with the installation. Then the big Windows update a few weeks later conflated everything. So, subsequent to that, I uninstalled it. I have since successfully reinstalled it without issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The install was fine, but when i open the app i don't have anyone listed under username. If i press ok i get "could not find" and then the app shutsdown.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I installed it on Windows 10 Home Edition and had no issue with the installation. Then the big Windows update a few weeks later conflated everything. So, subsequent to that, I uninstalled it. I have since successfully reinstalled it without issue.
Saabohème, is your computer user account the Administrator account? i cannot remember how home editions do that. you should be able to go to control panel -> user accounts and check what role your user has.

the reason i ask is because it's possible GTSaab may need to go in and create a standard user in control panel that is not in the administrator's group. that standard user should be placed in the ubiquitous Users group (even though it's invisible to you on home editions), and that user may show up in the dropdown.

i have not tried any of this - i do not have access to a home version of windows unfortunately to check it out on.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I still have issue, which could be me.
Now I can switch to users. It will open w10 desktop.
When I try to open WIS, it will open car selection and allows me to select car model and model year.
BUT nothing happens at all.
Next issue is when I try to open EPC, I have only warning box which says Please wait while windows configures electronic parts catalogue.
Nothing else at all.

Hopeful I still have EPC, EAC and WIS on my another laptop. I rather want use also these in this computer.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Works perfectly for me. When I installed it, originally it showed in some other language (Finnish?). I changed it to English using the instructions in post #76

61 - 80 of 250 Posts