SaabCentral Forums banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Not unheard of. Best down load time is when the USA is sleeping - 2am to 5am EST.

Edit: weekends, particularly Sunday night, the all around winner.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I gave up on the megasync deal. I have an old computer with the WIS on it but I cant print out as my printers are now wireless and win 98 don't know that stuff... ugh. such a pita I may just buy a manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WIS and Megasync

Got it to work.

Already downloaded the instructions to remove the head. At this point I have nothing to loose by trying it myself. I figure that if I screw it up I can tow it to a garage and have them fix it. Not that I think that's going to happen :D

Brian

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Well, latest windows update killed WIS and EPC. EPC reinstalled but WIS didn't. So, as discussed in this thread a while back, I redownloaded WIS and EPC. Installed, got some new stuff to look at in WIS, and hopefully will remain stable through MS's updates. (To be fair, I paid under $400 for this laptop in 2013, with Win8, and MS continues to support and update the O/S without any further charges.)

Question, on the first page with the download links, can the various acronyms be spelled out, and even briefly described, to help those unfamiliar with the lingo? I don't actually know what MP, STM, etc. are. As the downloading library computer had a bit of a conniption, I only managed WIS and EPC/EAC.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone have the original stuff for windows 2000 or xps? I have 2 laptops. One has xp one has windows 2000.
The WIS included here will install fine on XP (I tested it myself, space permitting as it is quite large) as for 2000, I can only say that it SHOULD work.

Frank.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, latest windows update killed WIS and EPC. EPC reinstalled but WIS didn't. So, as discussed in this thread a while back, I redownloaded WIS and EPC. Installed, got some new stuff to look at in WIS, and hopefully will remain stable through MS's updates. (To be fair, I paid under $400 for this laptop in 2013, with Win8, and MS continues to support and update the O/S without any further charges.)

Question, on the first page with the download links, can the various acronyms be spelled out, and even briefly described, to help those unfamiliar with the lingo? I don't actually know what MP, STM, etc. are. As the downloading library computer had a bit of a conniption, I only managed WIS and EPC/EAC.
MP = Menu Pricing - used to bill your customers
STM = Standard Times Mechanical - used to plan your work hours (ie 4 hours to remove/refit a cylinder head!)
AIC = Accessories Installation Catalogue - a big list of PDF instructions on how to install Accessories
EAC = Electronic Accessories Catalogue - a big list of what accessories are available, sorted by model & year includes Part numbers for ordering.

Frank.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts