SaabCentral Forums banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Did you ever reinstall with the latest EPC/WIS releases from Frank?

No. My download is over wifi in the library, so once I got a download actually complete, I was happy. Are there any feature updates I'm missing? My WIS/EPC dates from maybe early 2016.

Which W10 version are you now on (winver)?
Version 1089, designed to much better bundle you up and give you to advertisers enhance your net consumer experience.

My experience has been to install the EPC first then reboot then install the WIS then reboot. No issues at all when I've done it that way.

If I install the WIS first all sorts stuff goes wrong.

Typically, after a feature release, I click on the WIS or EPC icons, and I get the installer which reinstalls (to what level I don't know, as the files are obviously all still there) and everything is fine again. I'm not sure I've done it in any particular order.

In this case, EPC went through the installer just fine. WIS, not so much.

I've just clicked on WIS again. I'm pretty sure it's gotten further. Time will tell. (System interrupts taking up 40% of the CPU, though??)

ETA: install finished, WIS working. Yay!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi EdT,

It sounds like you may have an earlier release.

I made some changes to the later version to hopefully avoid (or at least minimise) the re-installs caused by Windows 10 upgrades.

My installs here have all been fine with 1809, I haven't needed to re-install either EPC or WIS.

When you get the chance, it may be worth downloading again from the latest links. It'll save you time in the future.

Frank.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Hi EdT,

It sounds like you may have an earlier release.

I made some changes to the later version to hopefully avoid (or at least minimise) the re-installs caused by Windows 10 upgrades.

My installs here have all been fine with 1809, I haven't needed to re-install either EPC or WIS.

When you get the chance, it may be worth downloading again from the latest links. It'll save you time in the future.

Frank.
Captain I sure appreciate what you have done. Regrettably I cant make my download work, I enrolled in Mega to do it as instructed. But I am a total idiot when it comes to computer related stuff...so no pressure at the moment. I have a WIS installed on an old win98 computer, but it wont talk to my wireless printer and I don't have a cable for it...that's life in the fast lane for me. cheers

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've managed to intstall the WIS & EPC etc.
WIS & EPC working great

A few things that I have noticed so far:
1. Is there anyway to tell the system to remember your VIN number? Every time I load up - I have to enter my VIN.

2. The STM (Standard times mechanical) & MP (Menu Pricing) are a great applications - with the diagrams etc - but it seems to 'boot' me out when ever I enter some values or mouse click in the STM module 'middle' dialog list.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What Tech 2 software to use for 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero v6?

Just brought my new 2005 9-3 Aero v6 home and tried to use my clone tech 2 to correct a few minor issues. The tech 2 works on my 2003 9-3 Arc but there is no model option for the v6 Aero. I think I have the SAAB 148 software bin file. What bin file do I need?

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
You have right sw (148.000).
Start TECH2; select model year (05) and then select model (9-3).

EDIT: V6 came to model year 2006, so select model year 2006.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow, (its 11:52pm here at the moment). I think that I tried from 2004 to 2006 and when checking car details tech2 complained wrong engine or year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Mimmi, tried again today with 2006 and everything worked great. Fixed the door locks and the windows. Found what was installed. Thanks again

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Maybe a little off topic, but I sometimes see part number listings with "CA: 3012345". Anyway, some number that starts with 3. I think I've seen packages like that, therefore CA would be Canada.

Does anyone know of a parts listing that gives all these Canadian part numbers? Reason is, there are various OEM parts for sale from dealers that have left the business, and it can be a crap shoot decoding a 3xxxxxx number.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Maybe a little off topic, but I sometimes see part number listings with "CA: 3012345". Anyway, some number that starts with 3. I think I've seen packages like that, therefore CA would be Canada.

Does anyone know of a parts listing that gives all these Canadian part numbers? Reason is, there are various OEM parts for sale from dealers that have left the business, and it can be a crap shoot decoding a 3xxxxxx number.
CA in the free world means California, Ed T lol. Only in Canada are we so introverted we think it means Canaduh.

Merry Christmas Ed T. I wont be down to Long Branch until next year but I will give you a high five if and when I come down and buy you a beer or something cheers

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
CA in the free world means California, Ed T lol. Only in Canada are we so introverted we think it means Canaduh.
If the "free world" is the US, sure. :cool:

https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm

USD=US Dollar, CAD=Canadian Dollar, etc.

If the rest of the world outside the US cared about US state abbreviations, Columbia would be Colorado, Indonesia would be Idaho, Mongolia would be Minnesota, etc.

Anyway, WIS and EPC use CA for Canada....see e.g. lighting system setup where "CA" has DRLs, while "US/CA" share foglight setup.

Merry Christmas Ed T. I wont be down to Long Branch until next year but I will give you a high five if and when I come down and buy you a beer or something cheers

Bring your Saab to a Saab event. Have you ever stopped by the car show that runs Saturdays at the Queensway Canadian Tire, pretty much Victoria Day through to Thanksgiving? Lots of stuff to see there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Captain, wonderful work you've done with this. I was able to get everything downloaded and installed fine but I am having issues getting the diagrams with repair procedures. Fault Diagnosis seems to work fine.

I am given a yellow triangle with an explanation point in the middle. I have looked into it and as far as I can tell without going through thousands of images in the file directory the images themselves are there.

I am running Windows 7, 64 Bit. I did notice that WIS will not pull images for the following:
9-5 (9600)
9-3 (9400)
9-2X (9346)
9-3 (9440)

But will pull images for
9-5 (9650)
9-4X

I read through the entire post and tried everything suggested. No dice. The switching both by point and click and hotkey navigation between browser mode and navigation mode did not do anything for me. Also tried compatibility mode with no change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
413 Posts
It has something to do with the install on Windows 7. I have multiple laptops running windows 7 x64. On one of the laptops I get no images on the others I get images fine. If you look at the location where the application is installed there is one directory that always updates when you click on a new article. So let's say you looking for electrical and click one of the articles, as soon as you click the article, .cgm images dynamically appear in that directory. On my install that doesn't show images, I never see the cgm image files dynamically appear. If you have cgm viewer you can actually click on the cgm file and view it like jpeg which is great for printing out.

I haven't been able to figure why but that's a bit about the issue.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
It has something to do with the install on Windows 7. I have multiple laptops running windows 7 x64. On one of the laptops I get no images on the others I get images fine. If you look at the location where the application is installed there is one directory that always updates when you click on a new article. So let's say you looking for electrical and click one of the articles, as soon as you click the article, .cgm images dynamically appear in that directory. On my install that doesn't show images, I never see the cgm image files dynamically appear. If you have cgm viewer you can actually click on the cgm file and view it like jpeg which is great for printing out.

I haven't been able to figure why but that's a bit about the issue.

Earlier in this thread...

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5910873&postcount=130

221 - 240 of 249 Posts